HQ C.14: Practice Match

Summary: The boys watched in awe at the fluidity of the game, no faces were hit, no one tripped over or fought and the girls seemed to share a strong bond that equated to an amazing trust.

Notes: THANK YOU FOR ALMOST 4K! Also, I love all the comments everyone has been leaving! I tend to only reply to questions about the book and updates! But I still read all of them!!

The stands surrounding the gym reserved for matches were already half full, when the rest of the school started filing in to watch the girl's team play one of the top college teams. The boys were all seated at the front leaning over to watch their coaches stretching on one side of the court, then the pushing started to happen and as they moved to the side to allow multiple girls and boys push in front of them wearing matching sweatbands and red t-shirts.

"Angel-san! Do your best!" It was with that phrase and the rest of the cheering for Sam did the boys finally realise, these were the fans.

As Angel looked up and spotted how far back the boys had been pushed, she lifted her hands to her mouth and called, "Please let the boys move to the front! You come here and give us amazing support, however, these boys are watching to learn so instead please may all Tokushu members move to one side and the boys volleyball teams move to the other! Thank you, everyone, for your support." Then Angel went back to stretching and started warm-ups with her team as the crowd slowly shuffled into position, the smaller players squeezing to the front and for the first time ever, Hinata was happy to be smaller than everyone else.

The match swiftly began, Angel scoring consecutive points with a spike-like serve that Oikawa made a note of to ask for help with after. Then when the team finally managed to receive one, the blue haired libero who had the ball back perfectly to Angel to set it to one of the many servers. The boys watched in awe at the fluidity of the game, no faces were hit, no one tripped over or fought and the girls seemed to share a strong bond that equated to an amazing trust.

Then one of the last points, the boys watched in surprise as the ball was sent flying to Angel, who as known for receives being the weakest of her talents so the boys felt their jaws fall open as she dived for the receive and performed a rolling received to which Nishinoya screamed alongside the fans, "The legendary rolling thunder!"

As Angel jumped back to her feet she sent a wink in Nishinoya's general direction and laughed as he screamed, along with the rest of the teams who had all been swept up in the general excitement of the game.

The match continued and as Iwaizumi glanced to check on Oikawa, he noticed the brunette was missing. His eyes quickly flicked to the game taking in everything that was happening trying to figure out what would have caused Oikawa's mysterious disappearance and then he saw it, one of the few things that would properly irritate his setter.

Before Iwaizumi knew what was happening he was moving away from the stands, pushing past people as fast as possible and then running downstairs. Then the cheering stated, ear -shattering cheering and he started to worry, he was going to be too late to do anything.

- - - - -

Angel's POV

As we started the warm-down, starting with a simple spiking exercise, the pain finally kicked in as I came off of my adrenaline rush right around the time it was my turn to spike and as much as I usually would not have spiked it, I didn't need to worry my team more as they had all been informed before the match about Haru.

Signalling to the coach that I was ready, I took a step, gritted my teeth and took my run-up, but mid jump two arms wrapped around my waist and stopped me from spiking. And as annoying as it was my knees were about to buckle and as I went to whip around I was flung over a broad shoulder and carried off the court, shouting profanities and kicking my legs.

"I swear if I am not put down all hell will rain down on you." With that, I was promptly dumped on the floor slowly looking up to see my capturer glaring at me, now kneeling in front of me.

"What the hell Oikawa, you are such a brat. Why did you do that, in fact, I don't care do you think that maybe I do things for a reason?"

Oikawa just looked at her, then his brow began to crease, his eyes glass over and his bottom lip tremble. I slowly began to back away unsure of what to do but instead, he moved closer, too close and just as I was about to slap him he was shoved backwards and the setter's face was replaced with Iwaisumi's, "I'm so sorry Sam, I took my eyes off of him for a second and head disappeared." I nodded in understanding but I was well aware of why Oikawa had taken me off the court.

So as I slowly sat up and shuffled towards Oikawa placing a hand on his knee, watching him flinch and then I didn't really know what else to do, "Sam-chan, I'm not an idiot I can tell you're hurting and it hurts me. I've seen people dear to me hurting and I won't let this go." Then I watched as he spread his arms going to hug me and without realising what I was doing, I had flinched and then another look of pain spread across not only Oikawa's but Iwaizumi's face as well.

"I know I'm probably being slow but this conversation isn't jus about Angel-san's knee is it?"

Oikawa turned to his best friend and burst into laughter as tears slipped down his face, "No, no Iwa-chan it isn't."

"So what is it about?"

"I'm no longer particularly sure myself anymore, Iwa-san." I replied with a small smile, it was better if they didn't know, it was better this way. But even though I had reassured myself, I knew that neither of them were buying my clueless act and as Oikawa opened his mouth to probably try and get me to talk I stood up and opened the door and just as I was about to shut it, looking over my shoulder I called, "You'd lose your mind trying to understand me."

Then the door shut and I walked away from the gym, knowing Haru was capable enough to wrap up a match without me.

21/01/16

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow/Fan