HQ C.48: Normalcy

Summary: "I'm pretty sure if you think this is normal. Your view on normalcy is pretty twisted."

Notes: I feel like you guys have no idea just how much I appreciate you all!! Honestly I love your comments and constant encouragements!!

Also all this updating is so weird for me. Wow how do other people do it. I have so much more respect. 😂

When Haru woke up, stretching her arms and letting a yawn slip from her mouth as she cracked her neck, she felt like today would be a good one.

Recently the teams were getting on even better than usual, making sure not to waste their last week with each other. And Sam was back to her usual self. Although every now and then her facade slipped but Haru knew she would be ok.

Slowly she pulled on a pair of Sam's tracksuits, which were baggy on her smaller form and a big jumper and trundled downstairs.

She halted at the last step and looked at Sam, who was innocently stirring something in a pot on the stove.

Haru quickly walked towards Sam, taking note of Bokuto sitting on the stool at the island chatting to Daichi and Hinata watching cartoons with Oikawa.

Quickly tapping Sam's shoulder she began to sign before Sam laughed,

"I wear my hearing aids more these days. So go on. Ask what I'm making."

"What are you making Sam?"

"I'm making hot chocolate."

"We have a microwave to avoid these situations."

"I know what I'm doing," Sam pouted before resting the wooden spoon on the surface and crossing her arms whilst facing Haru, "maybe not all of the time, but sometimes."

Bokuto amen'd her statement and Haru shot him a glare that sent shivers running up his arms.

"And I never doubted you. Apart from maybe your ability to burn down the house."

Sam glared at her before turning around to continue stirring the brown mixture, Haru simply sighed before running a hand through her hair as she acknowledged this day would be all too normal.

***

Sam sat at her desk, her fingers wrapped around two pens that she tapped against the wooden top nodding her head to the beat she had created.

"Tenshi, can you please cease your drumming?"

The blonde didn't stop but after being tapped on the shoulder glanced up at the teacher whose ears had darkened in embarrassment. Sam instantly beamed, bowed her head and placed the pens down.

The boys that were dotted around her looked around surprised to think that she wasn't wearing her hearing aid although it had definitely been in when she was singing karaoke to frozen's let it go with Oikawa and Bokuto.

The television's volume was set to its maximum and the terrible trio stood in front of the screen, each holding a different piece of apparatus to their mouths as Elsa came onto the screen.

"Let it go! Let it go!"

The noise was deafening and they were all off-key and when the song finally finished Sam turned, her cheeks blushed with effort, and out of nowhere exclaimed, "if my husband hated Frozen I too would divorce him."

The lesson continued and the boys were all slightly alarmed by just how normal everything was going, too normal for Sam.

But the bell rang and as everyone walked off, a few pausing to chat with the blonde before leaving and when the boys were left alone with her they had no idea what to say.

"I can tell you're finding this weird. But believe it or not this how things used to be before you guys arrived."

They burst out laughing at the statement, Daichi explained when he noticed her confused expression, "I'm pretty sure if you think this is normal. Your view on normalcy is pretty twisted."

Sam smirked and nodded in reply. It was true, she had always seemingly been the centre of attention even if not for the best reasons and yet she found most of the time she would be questioning her actions and speech due to the popularity.

The day continued and soon the boys were finishing off in the dining room and walking to the gym, where as Hinata having opened the door backed away. They knew something was wrong.

Daichi and Sugawara exchanged a glance as Daichi walked towards the door, behind which was an ominous bouncing sound, and swung it open; revealing Sam spiking in her sports bra.

The team had long forgotten their promise that anyone could take their top off and so they all slowly filed in and sat cross legged on the floor waiting for their instructions of what was going on during the group training session.

They had been sitting there for a few minutes when a ball flew through the air and smacked Sam in the back of the head, causing her to falter mid-serve and whip around to face all the boys, who nervously waved and pointed at the figure in the doorway.

Haru stood panting and then placed a hand on her hip as f to challenge Sam to argue. Which she did.

Sam picked up a ball and spiked it back at Haru, who simply stepped to the side.

"Well boys," Sam clapped her hands together causing some of them to jump in a mixture of fear and surprise, "training will be practicing in areas you are aware need work in."

Quickly the different gym were labelled for different areas and as Haru marched over to Sam, she knew she would need a good explanation, "what do you think you're doing? Have you completely run out of ideas?"

Sam smiled, "its like I've lost all of your trust for no reason," Haru sniggered, "but Haru-chan think of it like this. When the boys acknowledge what is their worst area, they will strive to improve. When we tell them they are bad at blocking, it doesn't have the same impact. Let them come looking to improve, not just do it because we tell them they should."

Haru smiled, she had almost begun to forget just how amazing her angel was. So she smiled to herself as she walked to Gym 2 to help with spiking.

Everyone's last few days would be well spent together.

22/10/16

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow