HQ C.47: The Talk

Summary: 'A hush fell over the gym as everyone realised this would be the making or breaking of two of the captains'

Notes: this book will be a year old on the 25/10! My aim is to complete the book by then. SO anticipate 3 more chapters in the next 5 days.

Although the days seemed to continue as usual, just as it had been during the last fight, it was very obvious something was wrong. Oikawa's serve often flew out of control, his sets being a second to fast or slow and Kuroo was yet to tease anyone and seemed glued to Kenma's side where he would shout encouragements.

Sam shut her eyes again, massaging her forehead and trying to ease her stress headache. It had been like this for a few days now and all the other captains and her teammates were begging Sam to put a stop to the tension that crackled through the air like electricity. But the blonde was stuck with a major dilemma coming in the form that she, who had prided herself on being able to read people like books, had let the two captains' feelings fly over her head.

She felt like an idiot, even though Haru assured her that everyone had only known for maybe a month prior.

She let out another heavy sigh before letting her head drop to her hands; it was fine that everyone was pressuring her to fix it but how?

Sam dragged her hands over her face and looked up, instantly locking eyes with Oikawa, whose ears went red as he quickly turned to Iwaizumi.

That was the final straw, "Sam! Heads up!" Haru lobbed a strawberry milk carton at her, which Sam caught and beamed at the brunette.

Quickly she popped it open and was just about to stick the straw in when it was snatched out of hands. Her head whipped up and she watched Kageyama place and ear to the carton.

"Kageyama-kun what are you doing?" Hinata turned his head in confusion at his setter.

"I'm obviously listening to the milk," Kageyama's face was straight and deadly serious as he nodded his head slightly while Sam watched in a mixture of shock and amusement.

"Well, what's it saying?" Hinata instantly jumped up and around Kageyama trying to listen and the two continued whist Sam sat smiling to herself.

Sometimes boys could be so simple, then she frowned again because her problems did not seem to be that simple.

Sam suddenly felt her heart flutter as she watched a game continue and urged to stretch her wings, and with one stroke she stretched her wings and called out to the room,

"This has gone on long enough! We are having a match to smooth everything out. So Nekoma and Aoba Jousai in one team, and the other with Fukurodani and Karasuno, I will be playing setter for the latter."

***

It wasn't that the game was particularly competitive. However having Oikawa setting for Kuroo, forcing them to communicate and be in sync.

"Nice set. Would have been even better if you hadn't made a move on Sam." Kuroo called having spiked, and Oikawa turned and gave him the middle finger.

"Not my fault I acted on my feelings."

The two huffed and Bokuto have a hoot of excitement as he spiked a ball that destroyed Kuroo's defence.

"Oh Kuroo, your distraction is costing us the game," Oikawa called, "you blocking is as weak as your knees when you see Sam."

Sam should have been annoyed about the comments passing back and forth about her, but the grin on her face showed her to be more than happy that the boys were actually communicating without injuring each other.

"Guys can you tone it down?" She called out, noticing they were starting to head butt each other.

The two boys turned their heads shouting a quick shut up before they both looked into each other's eyes and began chuckling, "there is a very easy way to solve this problem," they turned to Sam, then pointed at each other's faces, "just tell us why you like!"

Everyone in the gym went silent and Sam fought back the urge to groan, "there are definitely better ways of solving your feud."

"No you caused it. So fix it. I miss my cat-like friend. So let's get this over with." Oikawa ruffled Kooru's hair who in turn, slapped his back.

Everybody else quickly hurried away, leaving the half finished game and started warming down.

"You want the truth?"

"Yes." They replied in unison.

"Will you promise not to hate each other or me?"

"Of course."

A hush fell over the gym as everyone realised this would be the making or breaking of two of the captains. Sam sucked in a breath and looking them both in the eye, individually she spoke.

"I don't like either of you."

Both boys let out a sound of pure shock as they began to choke on air.

"But-" Sam held up a hand causing Oikawa to trail off.

"Let me explain," the both nodded as did the rest of the gym ,internally, "I haven't had a particularly positive male figure in my life. My brother blamed me for my sister's death and I admit, I yearned for male approval. However and this will sound cheesy. But I am in a committed relationship with volleyball."

Everyone in the gym began to either laugh or slap themselves in the face. But Oikawa and Kuroo exchanged glances before nodding to each other and cutting Sam off.

"Don't apologise. As long as you're happy, we're happy." Oikawa smiled, before Kuroo elbowed him so he could talk,

"Yes I admit I have feelings as I'm sure my man, Oikawa does as well. But I, in no way am going to destroy friendships for it."

Sam felt her eyes watering and quickly grabbed the two and hugged them tightly. Before drawing back and slapping them both on the arm which caused the boys to wince, causing the rest of the gym to burst into laughter.

"Plus you guys are leaving next week. And I don't think Sam-chan is mature enough to handle a long distance relationship. She struggles as it is with me and I stay in the dorms which are five minutes down her house."

19/10/16

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow