HQ C.39: Distractions

Summary: Never tell Sam not go get involved in something that shouldn't involve her.

Notes: please keep commenting!!

"Sam-chan slow down!"

The blonde glanced back, strands of blonde hair sticking to her lips as she turned to laugh at her team, who had insisted on following her usual regime.

Instead of slowing for them to catch up, her legs began to pick up the pace, as the early sun rays began to shine and highlight the swear glistening on all of their foreheads.

"Sam! Sam! Can we get breakfast when we finish?" Hinata who had been at the back of the group but had easily sprinted up to his coach, ran beside her. Sam looked down and smiled at him, his feet taking almost two steps for each of hers and nodded.

The ginger began to jump as he ran, tripping on his untied shoelace and as he was about to fall flat on his face, Sam had caught him. Hands wrapped around his torso as they both panted.

Then Hinata turned to her and grinned, "you hugged me."

"You cheeky brat, I stopped you from twisting your ankle." Although said with a harsh glare a smile soon broke across her steely gaze.

Hinata ran off singing, "Sam hugged me~"

Deciding she might as well wait for the rest of the group, Sam waited a bit before falling into place next to Tsukishima who was watching the sunrise, a small smile resting across his face.

"Sam, what are we doing today?" Bokuto had turned around and was jogging backwards looking extremely proud of his talent.

"Training, what else?"

The boys laughed with little emotion at the idea of having to complete yet another strict training session.

"Is the new recruit going to be there?" Kuroo glanced over his shoulder.

"Our new recruit is with Haru-chan today, so you won't be having any eye candy." Tsukishima let out a sharp burst of laughter at the comment and at the colour that rushed to the faces of the three guilty culprits.

"Honestly you are such boys. So you all like the new recruit?" Sam taunted with a smirk.

Oikawa and Kuroo shook their heads as they began to run faster whilst Bokuto hooked his arm around Akaashi, "I only need Akaashi."

Sam simply snorted at the look of annoyance that crossed Akaashi's face.

The sound of footsteps hitting the hard, sun dried dirt was soothing and Sam could not wipe a feeling of finally being at home, running next to the boys as they were teasing Oikawa for running ahead and taking a photo of the sunrise and then a selfie.

"Oikawa Tooru!" he jumped almost a foot into the it the sound of the blonde shouting his full name, "you better stop taking those ridiculous photos or get ready for an extra hour of training with my extra hard regime." Instantly Oikawa began to sprint forward tucking his phone into his pocket and breathing a sigh of relief at being spared the punishment without a warning.

***

The boys were all panting, their chests heaving as they desperately tried to catch their breath, as Sam stood hands on her hips grinning.

Then the bell rang, signalling breakfast had officially begun, their faces all lit up at the idea that they had skipped the long lines and rowdy hall, due to Sam taking them in early.

But after breakfast they had lessons so Sam quickly dismissed the boys who raced to the showers, hoping to get the last bottle of male shower gel.

"I am victorious, I have come out on top as usual!" Sam couldn't help but laugh at Oikawa's winning proclamations. As she sat scribbling notes, a shadow suddenly loomed over her.

"Hajime-kun, my ask to whom I owe this pleasure?"

"Trashykawa and Kooru, they've been requested by Haru for a serious chat about distractions."

"Oh is this about the new recruit? I can leave her to learn with you guys?"

"Sadly it isn't the new recruit," Sam smile morphed into suspicion, "please don't concern yourself Sam-Kun it will only make things worse."

Sam simply grinned and Iwazumi slowly shook his head realising if anything he had given her a nod of approval to snoop around.

Oikawa and Kuroo soon walked over placing their chins on either side of Sam's shoulder as they glared at Iwaizumi, well aware they were being dragged into the dragons den.

Sam quickly shrugged them off before pulling a packet of sweet from her pocket and throwing them to Iwazumi who quickly ran, with both Kuroo and Oukawa following him.

Sam started brushing off the droplets left from the boys' wet hair, "Angel, you do know what doing on?" Tsukishima ran a hand through his hair, concealing a smirk at the older boys' tactics.

"Yes, older boys get distracted and I'm sorry I am not having the talk with you or Hinata." The side glare sent to Tsukishima proved that that would be the end of conversation and the blonde slid his glasses back up his nose before stifling a laugh.

"Tsukki, why are you laughing. It sounds weird like a donkey or something." Hinata's hair caught the light as he bounded over and into Sam's arms who hugged him in turn.

Sam ruffled both of the boys hair as she wrapped an arm around both of their shoulders and dragged them to Akaashi and Bokuto, "let's go play doubles since the other boys are busy being shouted at by Haru.

The boys soon got into the game, Hinata and Bokuto playing against Akaashi and Tsukishima, slowly Sam felt like someone was staring at her and as her head whipped around her nose smashed into Oikawa's.

A heavy blush spread across his face as he jerked back, holding his nose, "if my nose is broken, I won't have any more pretty fans."

Kuroo was sniggering having watched the entire scene play out and Sam sat, legs crossed elbows on knees and head in her palm wondering why his nose was there in the first place.

The gym quickly went silent before Sam started laughing, "when we go to the tournament in a few weeks I hope there will be no more distractions boys!"

The gym erupted into chatter about going to a tournament in their current team and Sam smiled to herself wondering just how she managed to get herself into this mess of a team.

08/07/16

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow