HQ C.13: Tension

Summary: "You call me observant but in all honesty that's not very true. People are so easy to read - we bleed emotions even in the way we eat our breakfast. No one seems to notice, though because you're all too busy eating your own breakfast."

Notes: Thank you everyone for all the comments! It really does help me produce more chapters so if you want chapters to be posted more regularly - get commenting!

Also THANK YOU FOR 3.5K! I hope you all like the new cover <3

The gym was filled with tension, and it was slowly starting to become more and more suffocating.

A few of the boys had opted to practice with Angel and Haru in their teams to pick up their techniques and work on their skills. But something had happened between the two causing the game to take a turn for the worse.

The two national players were acting up, balls that should have been easy to receive or spike were flying right past them and soon they had even taken out to prevent injuries.

Angel sat, cross-legged watching the game whilst sucking on a lollipop she had found. Kuroo came up behind her and sat down, placing a leg either side of her and leaning his chest on her back, "Angel, are you okay?"

The blonde nodded as she continued to play a game on her phone, tapping away at the screen irritably, "are you and Haru okay?"

Then her fingers paused and the screen flashed indicating a loss. Angel leant forward and then hugged her arms to herself as if trying to find an appropriate answer to the question, "we're okay, I just have a lot to think about at the moment."

Kuroo nodded happy with the answer and rested his chin atop her blonde hair, before shuffling back slightly and slowly taking pieces of the long blonde strands plaiting them together.

The feeling of having her hair played with seemed to have a calming effect on Angel who slowly began to close her eyes and fall asleep against Kuroo who smirked.

"Oy Bokuto, Oikawa! Look at me!" The two mentioned boys; and the rest of the gym turned to look at Kuroo who was sitting, looking like a cat who had just been given a saucer of cream.

Haru also looked up and upon seeing the scene got up and stormed out of the gym leaving the boys very confused at her actions.

Slowly, Kuroo shook awake the only person who would understand the signals emitting from the brunette, "Oy Angel, Haru needs you."

Angel let out a load groan in protest before emerald eyes shot open, then slowly a frown landed on er face as she stood up, following in Haru's footsteps.

The boys all followed at a distance, Bokuto keeping a hand over his mouth to stop him from hooting in excitement.

Haru was laying under a tree, looking up through the branches that had begun to loose their leaves. Then her eyes began to drift shut only to snap open upon hearing the crunch of leaves underfoot of someone else, probably Angel.

"Haru-chan?"
"Now is not a good time." Cracking open an eye, Haru winced slightly at her choice of words having seen Angel's crushed expression, "are we still taking the boys to the match?"

Angel nodded, "It was planned so I don't see why we should miss it."

All it took was a small exchange to realise something was wrong with the two usually inseparable girls. The boys knew that they needed to figure it out soon if they wanted any more fun volleyball training sessions, so they sent out a message on their group chat ordering an emergency meeting.

- - -

The feeling of something rolling down my face, slowly lifting a finger to wipe it away and then looking at the single droplet resting on my finger, before rubbing it on my shorts. Then scrubbing at my face harshly.

This was not the plan, taking the team to internationals again and winning again was the plan. To see the goofy smile spread across her face and her eyes light upon hearing the news. that was the plan.

I groaned and lay back down on the roof let the wind sweep my hair back whilst I hummed softly to myself, there was silence and yet there wasn't. The distant sound of feet running and cars honking and then I knew the next thing to slip down my face was a tear.

Closing my eyes, I slowly reached a hand up feeling the wind caress it and then my hand was enveloped in warmth and my eyes shot up to see emerald eyes staring into mine, Sam was standing behind me leaning over and peering at me as if I were a test tube filled with a colourful liquid.

"Haruka, you know you could have just told me that you were going to leave when the boys leave." That one statement had my eyes snap open and I sat up with such a force I hit by forehead against Angel's.

"I knew you were observant but seriously Angel are you stalking me or something?"

"You call me observant but in all honesty that's not very true. People are so easy to read - we bleed emotions even in the way we eat our breakfast. No one seems to notice, though because you're all too busy eating your own breakfast. So yes, of course, I noticed that something was wrong the second you had a fight with your boyfriend and I see the way you look at me when you think I'm can't see. I've known you for long enough to know that you hide your paperwork for your new school under your pillow. Please Haruka, just explain I promise I'm not angry. I have no reason to be."

A let go of a breath I hadn't realised I had been holding in; a heavyweight having been realised from my shoulders as I turned to face my childhood friend and slowly began to explain what was going on.

"My grandmother, she can no longer afford to pay the fees, and before you say you'll pay it for me you can't. I am to join a medical school as you are aware my lessons have all been in medicine and I received a letter informing me I got a scholarship to go there."

Then I watched the complete opposite happen to her face to what I had expected, a massive toothy grin spread across Angel's face as she pulled me into a spine-crushing hug screaming about me finally living my dream. Then after pulling away, she started ranting about having to find a good enough vice-captain and how she knew she was right about how something was going to happen.

Then the door to the roof swung open, revealing all the boys who had plane d to have their meeting on the roof but had waited to see how it played out between the two girls.

Everyone cheered and laughed, congratulating Haru and messing around with Sam, until the rain started.

19/01/16

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow