HQ C.32: Nightmare

Media: Credit to @Hasan_2cha on twitter~

Summary: "She was all too aware that her night would be haunted by memories she swore to never forget."

Notes: we are so close to 1k votes and i'm not sure if you guys want a 1k special or like if you want to ask questions or i should just continue as usual. So if you have anything yu want to happen tell me!

  (More Notes At The End Of The Chapter)  

The boys were all drying their hair and getting ready for bed, Sam sitting cross-legged on the floor playing with her hands. Then Hinata was bouncing over and sitting behind her began to braid her hair.

"Shou-chan, I didn't know you could do hair," Hinata nodded and continued.

"I have a younger sister, Natsu and she's always got me to do different styles she sees in magazines," Sam smiled as he continued and when he was finished Hinata took a picture and showed it to Sam whose face instantly lit up.

"Wow! Shou-chan that's as good as a professional!"

"What's as good as a professional?" Oikawa sauntered over and upon seeing her hair, clicked his tongue and chuckled, "Chibi-chan, that is such a basic braid."

"Tooru-chan, leave him alone. I think it's cute. I never had the opportunity to do my sister's hair, I guess that's why I never really became good at these sorts of things."

The group became silent listening to Sam, scared she would stop talking, leaving them more confused than before.

Hinata exchanged a glance with Oikawa before sitting in front of her, reaching out for her hands and playing with them before grinning, "I'm sure your sister is super proud of you Sam-chan! You're an amazing volleyball player, like the Little Giant!"

Sam smiled but it didn't quite meet her eyes, "I only have my brother left, he'd prefer I focus on my studies."

The boys instantly started talking aware of just how silent everyone had gone due to everyone sucking in a breath, then as Hinata leaned forward, wrapping his arms around Sam so did the rest of the team until they were stuck in a massive group hug, and then the tickling started.

The whole team was laughing and Sam finally gave up and smiled, they truly were full or surprises. But Hinata still wasn't satisfied because he still needed to collect the last few feathers, the last few missing puzzle pieces before they left and he was all too aware that it was going to be almost impossible because Sam was adamant that she was going to be there for her boys. 

Karasuno was a team that struggled constantly with the relationships between members, which was why having Sam as almost a rock or them to rely on and empty their feelings on helped. The amount of breakthroughs the team had experienced because there was someone for them to empty their problems on was mad. But the team was mildly aware that by giving Sam more problems she would eventually begin to struggle to manage her own team and therefore, they were damaging her already thinning wings.

"Kou-chan, you look slightly deflated," Sam who had a handful of his hair and was spiking it up and watching it flop back down.

Bokuto whined and then shook his head, before pointing to Kuroo and Oikawa who were in similar states of disorder.

"Okay everyone lights out," Daichi's tone instantly had everyone scurrying to their futons, it was early in the year so the weather was still cold meaning everyone was covered in layers of blankets.

As Sam closed her eyes, she was all too aware that her night would be haunted by memories she swore to never forget.

*** 

The sweet melody of a piano barely reached my ears, the wind was fierce pulling and tugging at the pink blossom in the hospital garden. I made my way back inside, and towards her room. The endless white walls leaving me with a distinct feeling of deja vu and fear of being lost.

Finally, I reached her room, pushing open the door to find an empty bed. So I turned and walked to the music room and there she was, brown hair pulled into a neat braid, fingers dancing along the key of the piano. The sound was muffled to me though, like I was listening to it underwater.

The scene I was seeing rippled like the surface of a lake and then I was clutching a pale hand and as emerald eyes fluttered open and looked over the plastic mask supplying her air, I felt hot tears roll down my face landing on the bed and her hand, as I choked out an apology and repeated it as if I were on a loop. Before a hand landed on my shoulder and I was looking at a nurse, "Sweetie, where are you parents?" I shook my head as the tears got worse, they were in working in England and had no idea just how bad Amelia was getting. Then resting my head on her hand, to lift it back up to see my brother seated opposite me.

"Wipe your tears and stop crying like a baby. You are putting the family to shame with your childish behaviour." I nodded before wiping my eyes on the back of my jumper before climbing into the bed next to Amelia.

"Give me your hand, Mum and Dad sent me nail polish as an apology for being late but they said they should be here in a few days. Apparently their schedules have been super packed!" I smiled at her and watched her paint my nails, pausing every other nail to cough.

Then when she had finished, I painted hers, apologising for the mess I made over her fingers. Pink nail polish now not only coating her nails but fingers and some parts of the crystal white bed cover. 

Then our brother was getting up, placing a hand on my shoulder whispering in my ear, "Finally you're going to be the favourite twin," I gulped and looked up tears in my eyes again, it wasn't true. But all I saw was our parents who had bought all sorts fo new toys.

"I'm so sorry girlies, I know these are not going to make up for the time we weren't here but we aren't going anywhere until you are both on the mend," I smiled at mum before jumping into her arms. Turning to see dad hugging Amelia and for a second I felt the lump in the back of my throat disappear as I felt like everything would be okay.

The vision darkened and I opened my eyes to darkened room and the knowledge that I was the reason she was dying.

03/04/16

  Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

Notes: Bad bad bad author-chan. All right the deal is that this is probably the most backstory you will get because I like leaving stuff to the imagination, and just hinting so...

Don't worry the next chapter is more light hearteddd~