HQ C.44: Exams

Summary: Exam, school fairs and potential managers - since when was school so stressful?

Notes: sorry for the later update

exams kill us all.

"Why do exams even exist?" Sam groaned once her paper had been collected, instantly causing a ripple of laughter that was soon silenced by the teacher.

"I do hope that was a rhetorical question Tenshi-San." Their teacher replied as Sam let out a loud noncommittal sigh and dumped her head on the desk, before Suga nudged her asking if he could test her for the English exam.

"Say something in the conditional tense."

"I would like to play volleyball."

"Say a question."

"Can I play volleyball?"

"Past tense?"

"I used to play volleyball."

Sugawara let out a chuckle with the rest of the boys and Oikawa mumbled about her perfect pronunciation due to her English parents.

However as their small break began and Sam had just leapt from her chair, the class president stood up and decided to talk about the upcoming fair that followed the exams.

The president was a stereotype, her long black hair pulled into two tight plaits, and large circle framed glasses placed in the bridge of her nose. She was going on to study medicine and couldn't play sports to save her life, "I was watching this programme-"

"Anime." Sam coughed to cover up her remark but everyone hid a smile at it.

"Anyway in it, during their fair for the year they did a maid café. So I think that is the idea we should submit as a form."

Now even though almost the entire class was against this idea, due to the draining of exams they had little will to fight back and simply agreed with it. Although it was a school that majored in sports, meaning not only boys but most of the girls were not into the idea of being forced into a dress. Especially not Sam.

"Angel-Sama?" Sam looked up and seeing it was a girl at the door instantly leapt out of the room to talk to her.

The girl was one of the possible managers for the next year, who Sam had drawn attention to as she was very tall, to explain something to the boys.

"I was wondering if you wouldn't mind if I came along to the next full training session and bring Mio- I mean a friend?"

Sam nodded, "of course! As long as you both stay focused. Stray balls are almost more dangerous than fully spiked ones."

The girl laughed, "I'm Sasaki Shin. Last time you asked me I didn't reply because I wasn't sure you would understand me."

Sam beamed back, "you're finally talking to me normally. Anyway, I will tell you when the next training session is on as there are much less due to exams." The blonde let out another heavy sigh at the thought before waving goodbye to Shin and skipping to the rooftop where Haru was waiting with a carton of strawberry milk and a massive biscuit.

"Why are you so happy? It's your most hated time of the year."

"Because I think I have found a manager to look after everyone when you leave, not that I'm happy to replace you. it's just I want to help this girl, Sasaki Shin, she's so sweet."