HQ C.46: Aftermath

Summary: kisses complicate everything.

Notes: I usually don't write when there's a change of POV just because I think I make it obvious when it's in 3rd or 1st person.

HOWEVER please comment if you don't understand or I muddle the tenses!!

* This chapter begins with the kisser's POV *

I kissed her and forgot to breathe. Everything seemed less important than the feeling of her lips on mine, her eyes widening as my arm looped around her waist bringing her closer to me.

Her lips tasted of birthday cake and all I could feel was electricity running through me, my arms erupting into goosebumps before I was shoved away.

But all I could see were her lips moving, forming words that I could not hear because I was too busy looking at them and the light blush that now dusted her face.

Soon arms linked into mine and I was dragged away but my head was still turned studying her back and as I watched her blonde hair swaying before she too turned to glance at me. A smile spread over my features and I felt a warmth spread to my bones.

But deep down I wondered what I had just done to our friendship.

***

Sam dreamt in sound that night.

When she awoke, her hands clammy, sweat rolling down her back and surrounded by silence; Sam wondered why she couldn't hear anything.

Then reaching over to place her hearing aids in she was greeted with an alarm, not the fire alarm though as when that was triggered it would flash to signal her and sound for those with hearing. The sound soon became unbearable and shaking Haru awake, watching her eyes blearily open and then her hands flew to her ears in shock.

"What's that noise?" Haru questioned, Sam shrugged as an answer knowing if she were to talk it would be almost impossible to understand.

Between each other and the use of sign language, they decided to knock on the boys' doors to see if they were up and aware of the noise.

Sam started banging on the door to the third year room and after a few hard hits, the door was swung open to reveal Iwaizumi and Daichi looking extremely annoyed, be hair sticking up and eyebrows furrowed.

"What is that noise?" Sam asked, Haru behind her tried to suppress a laugh at the sight of the boys' faces looking at her in almost shock.

"You?" Daichi replied, Sam instantly turned to Haru and shot her a questioning look.

"No, apart from me."

"The constant beeping noise? I can't say I know, but I'm pretty sure I have like an hour before breakfast. So I'm sure I will be able to sleep until then," Iwaizumi then waved and slammed the door shut.

Haru instantly erupted into laughter before making a similar excuse and walking back to the room, leaving Sam standing in the hallway.

She shrugged and walked downstairs making a mental note that the sound was indeed getting louder as she neared the kitchen, and there she found Bokuto passed out on the kitchen surface, snores leaving his lips once in a while and by his head was the microwave. Inside was a plate which held what looked like noodles, but were now burnt.

Sam faced the microwave nd sighed heavily, the obscenely loud beeping was coming from the little microwave, stupid Bokuto. Quickly she opened it and grimaced at the smell before poking Bokuto in a failed attempt to wake him up.

Eventually she hauled him onto her back and dragged him to the sofa where he instantly collapsed as his snores deepened.

A small smile played on her lips before she turned and began to pour a bowl of cereal, then she sat on a stool at the island and began eating, and then a pair of eyes popped in front of hers and she was choking on her food.

"Woah calm down, I was just saying good morning!" Oikawa laughed before turning the kettle on for his green tea.

Sam flinched when his hands landed on her shoulders so he could turn her around on the stool to face him, a hand flew to her lips before she glared at him. "I'm annoyed at you. Go away."

"What are we, 5 year olds? I'm pretty sure we face problems differently at this age." He replied with a smirk, the caramel hues in his eyes shining.

"Well I see nothing stopping me from speaking my mind." Then with a slight huff she swung back around to continue to eat her cereal.

After a while, and a few swear words later due to Oikawa spilling some green tea on his new jumper the two were now sat facing each other, the only sound being Bokuto's snoring.

"Do you not even want to discuss?"

"No."

Oikawa sighed before looking at Sam, when suddenly Kuroo was tackling him.

They both fell to the floor groaning before Krupp looked at Oikawa, tears evident in his eyes, "is it true?"

Oikawa broke eye contact and that was enough for Kuroo who brought a hand to his face and slowly pulled down before turning to face Sam, who was trying to understand what was going on.

"How could you Tooru."

Kuroo got up and quickly walked to Sam where he wrapped his arms around her, hugging her tightly as Sam tried to stop herself from stiffening under his touch.

Bokuto, who had woken up at the thud of the two bodies falling to the floor previously leapt up from the sofa and managed to separate Kuroo and Sam.

Sam had gone into shut down. Her eyes weren't focused, she was heating up and her fingers kept tapping against Bokuto, who was currently trying to sit her on the sofa.

Bokuto patted Sam on the head before shooting a warning glance at the two boys and went to fetch Haru, not wanting to wake everyone up.

But the second he was gone, Sam's head shot up and her cheeks turned bright red as her eyes began to water,

"You both like me?"

26/09/16

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow