HQ C.18: Crows Vs Owls

Summary: 'There is a moment in all your lives where you will overcome something you thought was impossible, whether it be another team or just passing important exams. and if you don't pass them there will always be a rematch.'

Notes: loving all these sweet comments you leave me ♥︎♥︎ honestly without them I definitely would NOT have updates as soon. tee hee ~

My boys were getting thrashed and as I called a time out I could see how it was taking a toll on them, they might have played Fukurodani before but this time, the owls had evolved.

As they all jogged to me, heads down and covered in sweat I grinned, "this is one set out of three. 21 - 13 is not that bad a score, I've played people who only scored a single point."

"Angel-chan, I don't understand what we're doing wrong. I'm sure everyone is trying their hardest and it's like we haven't gotten any better." Hinata mumbled, but I had placed in my hearing aid at the beginning of the matches and heard him as clear as day.

"Someone wise once told me, that there is a moment in all your lives where you will overcome something you thought was impossible, whether it be another team or just passing important exams. and if you don't pass them there will always be a rematch. You might be losing this set but you will win the next one."

"Are you playing in the next one?" Kageyama questioned.

"Yes, I am and I might be subbing you out so you all better prove that you deserve to be on the court because I am not a softie and will not hesitate to replace any of you. So focus on your teamwork and show them just why a flock of crows are called a murder."

The boys cheered and I beamed, they played better when they were fired up and it was quite hard to fully dampen their spark. This team was a raging bonfire and standing on the sidelines cheering for them, I felt a warmth settle around me. A team that warmed the soul with simply their smiles and the effort that is so obviously exerted when they play. Both teams seemed to have a positive affect one each other and it was simply fun just watching them play and shout in frustration when a ball missed or was blocked or the cheering that followed a service ace and the constant 'don't minds'.

The score soon became closer as Karasuno shrunk the distance between scores to only 3 points and I was shouting so load my voice was sure to be hoarse by tomorrow. But Fukurodani were on their match point and with an amazing spike from Bokuto, they took the first set.

The boys all ran to me cheering, as I passed them slices of watermelon and we took a short break to watch Nekoma and Aoba Jousai finish off their first set with Kuroo spiking the last point and gaining their win on the first match.

Then everyone leapt up and I swapped with Tanaka, who had only been spiking crosses which had taken a toll on his right arm so I decided it would be better to sit him out until the finals. Sugawara had also been swapped with Kageyama for the match as I decided it would be a nice way to slow down the match and let Kageyama cool down having been constantly under Akaashi's watchful eyes.

We all walked on the court, Hinata as a middle blocker, me and Asahi as wing spikes making our blocking rotation extremely strong to make sure that the teams' morale would be boosted from the beginning.

A whistle was blown and then the match begun, I watched Sugawara send a serve over the court in between two players that caused an almost collision and then Akaashi managed to get his hands on the ball and sent it to a player who spiked it over.

Nishinoya received it and set it to Asahi, who spiked the ball right into the left corner of the court making it almost impossible to receive, which the Owls did not.

The match continued as we gained a 5 point lead as Bokuto entered his depressed mode having tried to flirt, failed and then being completely blocked by me. The team however continued to play if not better and when we hit 20 points with Fukurodani chasing at our tails, Bokuto got back on form.

Black and white spiked tresses darted around the court as Bokuto hooted every now and then obviously excited to be able to spike.

When he did Hinata made a running block, jumping so high his face appeared over the net, which Bokuto's spike landed on. Almost instantly without thinking, I had pulled out of my blocking position, landed on the floor and jumped up again to wrap my arms around Hinata's waist as he fell to the floor; breaking a fall that probably would have had him out of the game for the rest of the tournament. Then I released him, rolled to the side and took a few steps back calling for the ball before running and spiking it.

The ball landed on the floor with a sharp thud, and the court fell silent, Hianat still laying on the floor dazed at the events and everyone else staring at me confused, "what just happened?" Yamaguchi broke the silence and then everyone was questioning the previous scene.

"I followed by instincts." I relied.

"Are you some sort of wild animal? What human has those sort of instincts?" Bokuto called from across the court.

"I trained my instincts and now they're lethal." I sent a wink over in their direction and having made most players on both teams question their own instincts Karasuno took the second set, to be followed by Aoba Jousai taking the second between Nekoma.

As we grabbed the water bottles and I talked to the team we decided to swap Hinata and Nishinoya instead of Tsukishima and Nishinoya and Kageyama and Sugawara for the last match.

"Karasuno fight!" Daichi shouted and we all cheered running back onto the court.

The match soon began and the boys' morales were all high as we scored point after point, Kageyama who had been practicing his serves almost more than Oikawa had yet to miss. Tsukishima was jumping in sync with the ball, as he had been watching videos that I had sent him late into the nights.

Altogether, our team was working perfectly together, all the cogs fitting and turning to create a masterpiece. Fukurodani had misjudged us to be a team that was allover the place and admittedly sometimes it was true. But Karusuno was a team to be feared because they were constantly changing and adapting to their surroundings to become unbeatable and as Kageyama, with a flick of the wrist, sent the ball over the court for the winning point, I could not be prouder of the boys that I had taken under my wing.

Karusuno erupted into cheer as did I and as we congratulated Fukurodani, handing out watermelon and discussing techniques before sitting and watching the tail end of Nekoma taking the last point of the match.

Something struck the rest of Karasuno, there was to be a battle of the trash heap and I was looking forward to it.

"Boys, the next match will be in two days on Friday! You all get food vouchers to take your teams out for a celebratory dinner tomorrow. Now everyone take a much needed shower and go to bed to rest up for tomorrow! Well lauded boys and I look forward to the surprised you will pull out in the next set of matches."

08/02/16

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow