HQ C.50: Finale

Summary: 'The end although inevitable, came sooner than expected.'

Notes: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BOOK~~~

When you brainwash yourself into believing that your disability means you must be strong. That you shouldn't use anything artificial to help you, you become stuck in one lane. Everyone becomes your enemy and you break yourself even more just so you can prove to them you are extraordinary.

However even if your determination is being used in the wrong way, it is easy to find the error in your ways with the correct help. You can rediscover your wings.

The last year had been a rollercoaster for everyone, but from the first day when they had arrived they knew their time spent in Tekushu academy would not be wasted.

Early morning runs and training blurred as they desperately tried to remember just why they had all day in the gym that one day laughing so hard they cried.

Breakfasts that Sam would never turn up to, their awe, admiration and respect when seeing her team play.

Although it had been one year out of many, Sam had left a big impression on all of the boys. Even the third years who would return for exams and the move onto their schools would bring with them the confidence to instantly slot into the teams they joined.

It was the morning, the sky streaked with oranges and pinks and as Sam and Haru stood next to each other, shivering slightly at the cold. They watched the boys pack their suitcases into the coaches and one by one having bowed to the school they would walk to the captain and her vice and thank them for everything.

Sam's hands clutched a bouquet of flowers, and she bit the inside of her cheek trying to fight the tears that still trickled down her face.

The end although inevitable, came sooner than expected.

A pair of arms wrapped around her waist and looking down she felt Hinata's body quivering, "Sam-kun, please come! I don't want to leave you!"

He was soon pulled away by Kageyama who went to bow before running into a hug, "you taught me so much. Thank you for always believing in me," he took a step back and bowed with Hinata before they both walked away.

Haru turned to Sam and rubbed her back soothingly, then Bokuto bounded over and collapsed on Sam, before pulling away and tugging at her arm for her to follow him into the coach, "Come on Sam! How am I meant to leave a bro behind?"

Sam laughed before hugging Bokuto and letting Akaashi drag him off, next were other team members and finally Oikawa and Kuroo who both crushed her in a hug before planting a kiss on her cheeks.

"Don't forget us~"

Sam watched the last of the boys file into the coaches and then they were gone. Faces pressed against the windows, as she waved and waved until her arm became numb with pins and needles, and then she waved some more.

***

It was the last day of school, Hinata's head rested on his hand as he looked out of the window.

They had returned for the last few weeks of school, but the volleyball team had been so uncharacteristically quiet that they had been called to the principals office to discuss what had happened.

What had happened? Too much to put into words, so they hadn't. They had just burst into tears.

Hinata's daydreams were suddenly broken when he saw a figure standing at the entrance gate, there was a long shadow being cast and he knew the second a pair of wings sprouted  from the shadow that he had no reason to be sad.

Because his angel had found her wings.

***

The End

***

25/10/16

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow

And so we have reached the end, I find there is little to say but thank you.

As I am at a loss of words. I have tried to write and rewrite this but I find this was the hardest chapter because how could I ever thank you all enough for making this possible - for supporting me.

Thank you to all readers. From those who were there from the first few chapters to those who have read it in one night.

I know a lot of this book didn't go the way it seemed it was pointing and there are still strings left loose.

But I have left them like that and I warn you there will not be a sequel to this. For there is no more I want to write about the friendships between my Angel and everyone.

If there are any remaining questions, please comment them here...