Notes

To the amazing readers who made it this far,
I would like to give you an update on me and a slight explanation I'm not sure I ever provided for this entire fanfic.

*Mentions of MY mental health*

*

It's been a year and a bit since I finished this fanfic and I have reread it once.

My most popular piece I've ever written, with an astounding over 100k reads (thank you so so much for that) and I can't truly appreciate why you enjoy this fic.

Why?

Because I wrote this when I was at one of my lowest points in depression. An Angel's Wings was written over the period of a year; in which I dealt with depression and then when I thought it couldn't get worse the death of my best friend.

I read this and can see when I was upset and when I was doing better, Angel was me. Angel is me. I'm not deaf, but my depression was what I believe my disability was and dealt with it the same way she did, alone.

Of course, my life was not as hard as hers. I do not have a dead twin or a lot of her issues, but having started therapy I can make strong ties between her problems and mine; then and now.

Why am I telling you this? I just gave you a happy ending, didn't I?

I did. I wanted to explain the place I was mentally whilst I was writing this novel, deeply depressed and suffering severe panic attacks daily. But today, I'm not fighting alone.

My journey with mental health has not stopped and with clinical depression it will probably follow me throughout my entire life. I still have those days I want nothing more than to melt into my bed and stay there, but I'm here to tell you that you will get through this.

I don't care if you deal with mental health or not, everyone has struggles and those days when life just feels too much.

I believe in you

And always remember:

" your wings already exist,
all you have to do is fly"