HQ C.31: Crisis

Summary: "We can't have a crisis - my schedule is already full."

Notes: with all these comments y'all have achieved another update. welp here you go, enjoy~

Dedication: @karasunoharuka for being the first to vote for the new chapters quite a few times in a row~

"Senpai, we have an ultra big crisis!"

Slowly I leant back into the water, smiling to myself as the water reached my chin making me feel as calm as ever.

"We can't have a crisis - my schedule is already full."

"Daichi-senpai, you don't understand we went into the mixed bath and Sam-chan is already in there!" Hinata blurted and I chuckled to myself, I had always preferred the mixed baths as they were much larger and more intricate which is the same reason the boys had come to this bath.

"Sam-chan, is in the bath? Is that even legal?"

I was completely covered by the murky water and with the cool towel on my head I thought I might fall asleep waiting for the boys to decided if they were coming in or not, and then gingerly Kuroo called out, his voice echoing around the baths, "We've decided we are coming in. For the sake of everyone Sam, please turn your head or close your eyes or whatever. Just wait until we give you the all clear."

I let out a light laugh, they were so embarrassed over such a small affair, "My eyes are closed, and my hands are over them."

As I waited around for the boys to wash, I realised I was totally reliant on my hearing, which was an experience I had not felt. Even on the court with my aid in, the reason my instincts seemed so sharp because when you are missing one sense all the others become sharper, and with all of them back together I could sense things before others and yet I had never just relied on my hearing, even when I could hear. My hearing had always been slightly dodgy, although I had been the stronger twin.

"Angel-chan! Everyone's in the water!" I uncovered my eyes and let out another burst of short laughter having noticed that they were all struggling to figure out where to look.

"Guys, the onsen is meant to bring us closer, but if anyone touches me I will turn them to mincemeat."

However, it didn't take long for them to calm down and begin chatting about upcoming tests and future techniques.

"Sam-kun, what is going to happen when we go back to school? More practice?"

I smiled at Suga, who seemed to be slightly nervous about being trained by me again, "As this is only half way through our time, I came up with a fabulous idea. All teams will be split up and in your new formations you can learn from each other! It's a chance you would never normally have!"

The onsen had gone silent once again, and everyone was staring at me. "We're being split up?" Bokuto almost screamed, "Will I be taken away from Akaashi?"

"Maybe, it depends on my mood Kou-chan." Bokuto was instantly wading through the water before grabbing my hands, a look of sheer pain meeting my gaze, "Okay, okay I might not split you two up."

He grinned and I smiled back because his hair was completely down and Bokuto looked so young and slightly helpless. I ruffled his hair and he instantly began to wade back to Akaashi had a hint of a smile, his eyes half closed.

I suddenly began to feel really hot, so placing my hands to amplify my voice I quickly warned the boys I was getting out not wanting to be the cause of any nosebleeds at the least, "I'm getting out, so cover your eyes or whatever. See you back in the room."

I climbed out of the bath and made my way to the female changing area, where I changed into a baggy jumper and shorts, pulling change out of my slippers before pulling them on and then walking to the vending machine.

The clank of a water bottle falling was the only thing that could be heard in the silent halls and due to my need to sleep, I picked up a damp cloth that was being stored in a compartment next to a bench and lay down with it over my eyes. The onsen was calming to an extent but all I currently want to do was sleep.

A hand landed on my forehead, "How have you been, my Angel." My eyes snapped open and I locked eyes with another pair of emerald ones, brown hair framing a face that I only fully remembered from pictures. A gasp left my mouth as I leapt up and then fell back down onto the bench with a thud as the figure disappeared.

Another hand landed on my shoulder and my head snapped up to meet the caramel shades of Oikawa, "What in the good name of Iwa-chan was that?"

"I think I was in the baths for too long," I shrugged it of before standing to walk away from the questions I knew I would soon be bombarded with. But my legs were soon giving way beneath me and Oikawa's arms were the only thing holding me up as he deposited me back on the bench.

"Seriously, Sam-chan whatever it is that has you all riled up. Tell me, or the team. Just share it. It's gonna eat you up otherwise."

"Just another crisis to add to the list then, I guess." Oikawa raised an eyebrow at me and I grinned trying to hide how confused I was feeling.

Then I stood up and placing an arm around his shoulders we stumbled towards the dorm room, they had the right to know.

The walk was harder than I thought it was going to be, as Oikawa and I stumbled and tripped over nothing. I became more aware of his limp and instantly felt awful removing my hand and leaning against the wall as I began to lean against that instead of the brunette.

"We've come this far together, don't try and back out now Sam-chan."

And for some reason I knew that I had heard those words before but from someone else and for a completely different reason.

My vision blurred and for a second I could almost see the younger me holding hands with someone else, my hand trembling with a piece of news I had always been remotely aware of but due to my interpretation has just been confirmed.

I was the reason she was dying.

29/03/16

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow/Fan