Chapter 3

The moment Kath opened her eyes, she realized that she was in her bedroom. Her older sister,Carmen, was there sleeping on the chair beside her. She slowly sat up and picked up the scrunchie on the sidetable and tied her hair up.

Her sister noticed the movements and opened her eyes, “Kath, you’re awake. How are you?”

She sat on the bed and caressed her sister’s face.

“I-I’m fine, Ate.” She forced out a small smile.

“Are you sure?” Carmen held Kath’s hand.

“I remember him. I didn’t know I had a husband,” she said.

“You have a husband. It’s good that you remembered.”

“But I couldn’t remember his name nor his face.”

“Don’t worry, Kath. You’ll eventually remember it. Just be patient. Don’t force yourself.”

“I know,” Kath admitted.

Suddenly the door opened and her parents with Dr. Guzman entered the room.

“How are you feeling,Kath?”her mother walked towards her and kissed her forehead.

“I’m fine,Ma.”

“That’s good,Kath,” Dr. Guzman inserted.

“Do you need anything?” Her father asked.

Kath sighed and stared at her father, " I wanna go home,” then she shifted her stare to Dr. Guzman, “I wanna go back to Cebu. I want to remember my husband. I want to remember my life.”

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

“Kath, we’re here,” Carmen shook her lightly before getting out of the car.

Kath woke up and composed herself. She looked out of the car window and was stricken.

Carefully, she got out of the car and gazed at the familiar house. Suddenly her heart was pounding as she slowly walked towards the open door.

Her family were busy carrying their luggages back and forth the house. She stepped in and scanned the house. She continued walking and suddenly childhood memories entered her mind.

She chuckled as she remembered how the little Kath used to run around the house chasing her puppy. She continued skimming through the house and looking at the pictures displayed on the wall. She recognized her baby picture which made her smile. She has never been this happy before.

She proceeded to the back door and was welcomed by a great view of the beach. She sat on the stairs down the porch and breathed in the cool breeze. The sound of the waves seemed pleasant to her ears and memories began flooding her mind. She couldn’t believe that she could actually remember something as tears of joy slowly fell down her cheeks.

Her parents and Carmen joined her in the porch. Her parents sat on each of Kath’s side while Carmen took the space behind her sister and caressed her hair.

Kath gazed at the beautiful scenery then to her parents, “I’m happy to be home.”

She smiled and her family hugged her tightly. They noticed the happiness on Kath’s face.

Finally, it seems like it’s been forever since she smiled like that.

Dr. Guzman allowed them to go home knowing that Kath is slowly improving and is already willing to orient herself to the real world she has forgotten. She asked Kath whether she wanted her memories be told by her family and friends or just learn and remember them herself. She chose the latter. She wanted to trust her mind that everything will come to its place someday. Her family agreed to this and just let Kath do and think whatever she wants. They update Dr. Guzman on Kath’s status every now and then.

------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So Kath's home now. If you ahve any questions or reactions , please feel free to comment. It will be much appreciated. Thanks! :)