Chapter 23

Kath was staring at the ceiling. She couldn’t sleep. She felt sorry for DJ. After her nearly-breaking-down moment, she managed to tell him that she was fine and that she was just tired and needed a rest. She saw the worry and sadness on DJ’s eyes. The eyes which she cheated on. She couldn’t bring herself to look at them again. DJ decided to walk her home and call it a day so she could rest.

        She remembered everything that happened during the prom so well that she almost forgot that she has amnesia. After her romantic dance with Quen, DJ appeared out of nowhere and asked them if he could talk to her privately. She saw a glint of concern and somewhat of sadness on Quen’s eyes as it travelled into hers for a brief moment before letting her go. DJ held her hand as he slowly led her away from the dance floor and before they were completely off from the crowd, she managed to turn around and smile at Quen who was standing in the middle. He gave her a weak nod before disappearing from her sight.

        DJ brought her to the gazebo sitting right next to the ballroom. They could hear the muffled sounds of music and laughter inside the ballroom. Aside from the muffled sounds, they could hear the crickets singing into the dusk. She really didn’t know why he brought her there but the gazebo was so pretty and peaceful that she was glad to be there—away from the loud booming sound of the speakers inside the ballroom. Before she asks herself again why he brought her there, DJ held her hands and right then and there asked her to be his girlfriend. Her heart was fluttering. She could feel her breathing race to a mile. She knew she was suffering from euphoria. She had always liked DJ since she met him. She couldn’t even utter a single word or a syllable so she just nodded and pulled him into a tight embrace. They became a couple as far as she could remember. As far as the ‘now’.

        She tried really hard not to think about Quen but every time she closes her eyes—Unchained Melody plays. Has she gone mad? Mad over Quen? She saw him there again- his arms around her waist and her head on his shoulder. She has no control now. It was like an addiction. An addiction she wanted to stop but ended up with the withdrawal symptoms—merely the thoughts of him. Slowly, she was being engulfed into her own trance—away from the inhibitions that kept her sane. His face, his voice, his scent lingered against her proposed will. She has given up. There is nothing that she can do to stop this addiction—him.Putting subconsciousness as an excuse for these illegal and wanted thoughts, she dove down into slumber.

--------------------

A/N:

Yeah this one's short probably because I just wanted it to be. Will update soon. Thank you everyone for bearing with me. Thank you! :)