Chapter 6

Lunch was done and everybody complimented the great food that was prepared by Kath’s mother.

“I really missed your adobo,Ma. It’s one of the best!” Quen winked at Mrs. Bernardo.

Kath stared at Quen curiously, “Ma?”

“C’mon Kath! Don’t tell me your depriving me from calling your parents Mama and Papa? They’re like my parents too,” he blurted out.

Kath laughed, “Fine!”

“C’mon,Let’s go get some fresh air,” he motioned her to go out.

Kath glanced at her parents, “I’m supposed to help at the resort this afternoon.”

“Don’t worry Kath, you can help next time. Go catch up with Quen. I’m sure you both missed each other,” her mother interrupted.

Kath and Quen smiled and bid goodbye to the family.

They decided to take a walk at the shore.

“You know you can ask me questions about us,” Quen spoke.

“I’d rather not,” she smiled.

“I knew you’d say that,” he shook his head.

“It’s because I know that my memories would just come back on its own and I trust my mind.It may take long but it will not fail me.”

Quen turned around and started walking backwards in front of Kath, “Then, I guess I’ll never be able to tell you how I always beat you in a race,” he laughed and started running.

“Nah, I don’t think so,” Kath ran after him.

After chasing, teasing and laughing at each other whenever one of them stumbles down the sand, the two were finally exhausted and decided to sit down.

“I’m so tired. I’ve never been this physically active before,” Kath was still laughing and catching her breath at the same time.