Chapter 12

A/N: I suggest you listen to the YT song I posted while reading. :)

-------------------

The wind was strong. She felt like she was floating but she couldn’t move. She was restricted. She felt something warm on her head then on her arms. A warm thick sweat ran down the side of her head. Just then her whole body bounced hard on her head. It was so painful that she wanted to scream but she can’t. She felt the gravity pulling her upside down. Tiny pieces of sparkling glass sliced through her flesh. Her head was spinning. She couldn’t breathe. She saw her reflection on the glass and noticed that the thick and warm sweat on the side of her head was not sweat at all. It was blood seeping down from her head. Her heart was beating faster and she felt her stomach twisted. She was panicking. She needed to move. She has to move but she couldn’t feel her body. Tears were streaming down her face as fear and pain reached its peak. She turned to her right and saw a blurry vision of a man lying down. She couldn’t see clearly but she knew he was moving weakly.

“Kath..” he grunted through pain.

Before she could even open her mouth, her eyes popped open.  She was panting as she propped herself to sit. It was dark, and only a dim light was lighting the whole room. She leaned against the head of the bed and clutched her necklace. She was still feeling the fear she had on her dream. It was just after she was able to breathe normally again that she noticed she wasn’t in her room.

“I must’ve slept in for too long,” she whispered as her eyes roamed around the room.

Gently, she got out of bed and looked for the light switch. After a few scanning of the walls, she was able to turn on the light inside the room.

The room was almost empty except for the single bed, coffee table and a wooden cabinet. Kath thought it was a guest room but picture frames were lining up on the long coffee table and pile of clothes sat on a small chair beside the bed. It was men’s clothes. It was Quen’s.

“Is this Quen’s room?” she asked herself.

She slowly walked towards the picture frames and was surprised that only 3 out 8 picture frames have actual pictures on it. The first two pictures were Baby Grace’s and the third one was a wedding photo. She bent down to clearly see the wedding photo. It was Quen carrying his wife bridal style. Quen looked dashing in his black tuxedo. He was wearing this amazing ear-reaching grin with his eyes on his bride. Kath noticed how beautiful the bride’s wedding dress was. She looked like she was laughing while her hand was cupping Quen’s face. Even though Kath could only see the side view of Quen’s wife. She had this gut feeling that she recognizes her. As expected, Kath felt another pang of pain in her heart. Again, she was jealous. “Why am I even jealous of you?” she thought.

She leaned closer to the photo to see a better look at Quen’s wife when someone knocked on the door.

“Kath?” It was Quen.

She was about to walk towards the door when it opened slowly and Quen’s popped out behind it.

“Oh you’re awake,” he exclaimed as he entered the room.