Chapter 7

“Good morning!” Quen greeted Kath who just entered the living room.

“Wow! You’re here early,” Kath smiled.

“Well, get used to it. I’m gonna be here every single day just like before,” he dishevelled her hair and winked.

“Great!” she replied sarcastically.

“C’mon, breakfast is ready,” he then dragged her to the dining area.

“Quen, are you going to the coffee shop today?” Mr. Bernardo asked.

“Yes Pa, why?” he answered after sipping his coffee.

“Maybe you should bring Kath there,” he raised his brows at Kath.

“What coffee shop?” she asked.

“The coffee shop you and Quen own,” Carmen answered.

“We own a coffee shop?Us?” she pointed to Quen and herself.

“Who else, then?” her mother raised a brow.

“Why? You don’t want the coffe shop?That’s fine! You can give it to me,then,” Quen smirked.

“No way!” Kath retorted.

“And while you’re on your way there, could you please drop by Dalia’s library and return the book I borrowed?” Carmen asked.

“Sure!” Quen replied.

Kath stared at him, “You’re hyper today.” Unlike yesterday where both of them was sentimental.

Quen raised his brows up and down at Kath playfully which made her laugh. Her parents looked at each other and smiled knowing that their daughter is happy especially when Quen came back.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Kath was holding Carmen’s borrowed book when Quen snatched it from her while they were on the way to the car.

“Hey,” Kath shrieked.

“I’m bringing this. You drive!” he threw the car keys to Kath.

She was about to retort but Quen has already made his way to the passenger’s seat. She heaved out a sigh and slightly shook her head. Choiceless, she proceeded to the car and drove their way to Dalia’s library with Quen telling her the directions.