Chapter 10

They were quiet during the meal when Kath suddenly spoke, “You know, your house is pretty but...it’s so dark and lonely-ish.”

“Compliment or insult, I’m confused,” Quen’s eyes turn into tiny slits.

“Opinion, Quen. We have this thing called opinion,” Kath retorted.

“You have a woman in the house, why don’t you try recreating your space,” there was a hint of accusation on her tone.

“Manang Fe does not stay here,” he stared at Kath as he finished his plate.

“I’m not talking about Manang Fe,” she stared back at Quen.

He raised his brows and prodded her to continue.

Kath finished her plate and wiped her mouth with the table napkin.

“You were saying...” Quen leaned towards the table with his head resting on his clasped hands.

“What?”she asked in annoyance.

“You were referring to?”

“Your wife,Grace,” she bluntly stated.

“Are you mad?”

“No, I’m not,” she answered defensively.

“Then you’re jealous,” he accused.

Kath’s eyes widened and her forehead creased, “What are you talking about? I’m neither mad nor jealous. She’s you’re freaking wife for goodness sake!”

“You’re raising your voice,” he calmly said.

“Well, you’re surprising me with your accusations,” she shrugged.

Quen looked at her suspiciously.

Kath was a bit guilty of her reaction. She doesn’t know why she reacted that way. As if she was jealous. Maybe she’s just annoyed of the fact that Quen didn’t tell her that his wife was back.

“You didn’t tell me,” Kath heaved out a sigh.

“Tell you what?” he asked.

“That you’re wife is back,” she answered in a matter-of-factly tone.

Quen leaned back and held his temples, “Is this why you’re acting like that?”