Chapter 37

A/N: Please listen to Come Home by One Republicft. Sara Bareilles while reading. Thank you!

+++++++++++

“Six.”

“No.”

“Five.”

“No.”

“Okay. Four”

“….”

“I take that as a yes.”

“I didn’t even say yes!”

“You just did.”

“You think it’s that easy?”

“Okay okay, three. Take it or leave it.”

“Are you kidding me?” She punched his shoulder.

“No. Three it is.” He gave a satisfactory smug.

Kath sat up and pulled out the pillow he was sleeping in and playfully hit him with it.

“You get pregnant, then.”

Quen laughed and did not even try to dodge his wife’s tantrums. “The more the merrier.”

Kath smacked him one last time before stepping out of bed laughing at his husband’s absurd infamous reason.

“Hey! Hey! Where do you think you’re going?” Quen instantly launched after her and grabbed her waist.

Kath shrieked and giggled as Quen tickled the side of her stomach, “No. Get off me!”

“Make me.” He remarked playfully as he nuzzled against her hair.

Kath tried to pry his hands off of her but her strength were zilch compared to his. Tears were already forming in the corner of her eyes from laughing as he continued the tickle war. He lifted her off the floor and dropped her back on the bed.

“Now where were we?” He smirked, his eyebrows wiggling playfully as he lay on top of Kath.

Kath smiled sheepishly, “Family planning.”

“Well, we better start making one.” He raised his brow at her, grinning widely.

“But we were still planning!” she whined.

“We already did.” He said with finality.

He stared. He sighed. He cried. He couldn’t even take one more step towards the bed. The door left ajar. Traces of moonlight escaping the partly-closed blinds by the window. The sound of her laughter resonating through the walls of the room and his mind. Her touches lingering on his skin. This room was everything about her. He couldn’t remember the last time he was here. So many good memories. So many lovely memories. So many haunting memories of their love thrown away to the dusk of the forgotten. How did this end up so badly? How? He shook his head regretfully and turned away. This was going to be the last time he’ll let himself drown into her memories in this room. He planned not to take one last glance at the room before he closes the door. But he did.