Gajeel x Reader Pt.3

Y/N's POV

Gajeel and I walked out the guild. "So what's up with you trying to kill me?" I asked. "I'm not trying to kill ya. Natsu called me scrappy singer." Gajeel said. "Aww is someone a whiny baby?" I said. "Shut up." Gajeel said. Sooner or later we reached a fork in the road. "Ok then should we split up?" I asked. "What? No way. If you met the monster there's no way you could defeat it Baka." Gajeel said laughing his stupid laugh. "What makes you think I can't?" Gajeel looked me a grin showing on his face. "Because you're weak." "Weak?!" I exclaimed. That drew the line. "Roar of the Water Dragon!" I ran as fast I could up the right trail. I read the job description and the villagers said the monster was on the right trail.

Gajeel's POV

"Dang." I said as I watched Y/N run off. I had to know something like this would happen. I meant calling her weak as joke. Apparently she can't take jokes. I got up slowly and tested out my magic. It was all rusted and crappy. Oh I'm gonna get her for this. I ran after her up the trail. "Does she really think she'll defeat alone?" I asked myself.

Y/N's POV

The fire monster wasn't like what the villagers described it as. It was tiny and pretty dumb too. It kept running into stuff.  I cracked my knuckles. "This is gonna be a piece of cake." "Roar of the Water Dragon!" "Meow!" The monster said. Meow? Really? But then it grew. The fire monster grew bigger and bigger. "All right lets go!" The monster roared. And it can talk. Nice. "Wing Slash of the Water Dragon!" I said dodging the monster's attacks. It was fast too. It was like an illusion. "Gah!" I yelled falling. The monster had hit me in the back. I got up. "Dancing Waves of the Water Dragon!" Waves of water surrounded me. I grinned because I knew this would knock him out.  The waves surged forward at the monster and there was a huge explosion. "Haha you think you can defeat me little girl?" No way. It should be dead. The monster's flames lit up with burning desire to kill me. The monster came at me with a bright flame that blinded me. "Ugh." I groaned. The monster attacked me again and again giving me no mercy. I was a mess by now and I knew that Gajeel was right. I am weak. I'm no where near to the power he has. "Gajeel, you were right. I'm weak." I said to myself. "Heh. Finally you think I'm right for once." I slowly turned around and Gajeel was standing there. "You know you're not weak. Earlier when you attacked me there was force but you gotta learn from the master." He said pointing at himself. "Ok Senpai." I said sarcastically. "Roar of the Iron Dragon!" Iron blasted at the monster. "Ah a newcomer who has came to die." Gajeel ignored the monster and came attacking it with full force. And then it died.

-Back at Y/N's House (Time Skip)-

"There you go Gajeel." I said placing the silverware in front of him. He defeated the monster and didn't even get scraped. I, on the other hand, had bandages on my legs and arms. Gajeel raised an eyebrow at me. "You were serious?" He asked. I nodded. "Well I'm not gonna take it." He said. "What why?" I asked. "All that iron eating when I don't need it is gonna make me a scrappy singer." I laughed. "Aren't you already a scrappy singer?" Crap. I didn't mean to say that. "What did you say?" Gajeel asked getting up. "Nothing." I squeaked. "Oh I'll show you a scrappy singer." Gajeel chased me around my house trying to hit me with iron dragon slaying moves. It was scary until he ran into a wall and I busted out laughing. I guess you could say opposites attract and want to kill each other.