Natsu X Lonely! Reader (Highschool AU) Pt.1

Y/N's POV

I sigh just like I do every single day. Sighing has become my favorite pastime now. School's almost over so I pack my things up and get ready to leave. I don't have any friends and even if some people tried to be friends with me I'd just try at least. But in the mean time I really didn't mind being lonely. The bell rings and I walk out of the classroom to my locker. I open and my locker and turn around to someone calling my name. "Y/N!" It was Lucy the cheerleader captain and the most popular girl in school. She was the girlfriend of the soccer captain, Natsu. "Why don't you hang out with Erza, Juvia, Levy and I this evening?" She asks. I smile at her politely. "No thank you. But thank you for offering." Lucy nods then laughs and walks away. "Anti-social freak." I sigh once again then hear a rumble of noise. The soccer team walks in and high-five each other for I think a good practice. Natsu looks happy as ever but then I sigh to myself again. I had a mutual crush on Natsu for a while now but lately it's been growing. But there's no chance for me. I'm a loner, Natsu's a soccer captain. Those don't really match up. I grab my bookbag and close my locker. I walk down the hall keeping a good pace so I won't get trampled, but then I walk a bit too fast and trip. But I don't fall to the ground. "Are you ok there?" Natsu. His hand is firm against my waist and he looks down at me. I blush. "Yeah thanks." "No problem...? Um sorry but ah what's your name?" "Y/N." I stand back up and smile. "Ah. No problem Y/N!" Natsu gives me his signature goofy grin.

Natsu's POV

Y/N.... Hmm I like that name! I start to walk away from Y/N but I quickly whisper in her ear, "You have a pretty name Y/N." She blushes and walks away. I laugh to myself. Cute. "Natsu!" Lucy comes running over to me. "Oi Luce! How was practice?" She clings on to my arm. "It was good! Now what was that with you and Y/N?" "Huh? Oh that? She fell so I caught her."  "Well don't. She's an anti-social freak. And besides I'm your girlfriend right?" "Hey! Don't call Y/N an anti-social freak! She's my friend!" Lucy is caught off guard by my remark. "Ha! You're her friend? When and how?" Lucy stands there with her hands on her hip.  "This month. I've been talking to her online for a while and she told me that it seems I'm her only friend." "Does she know it's you?" Lucy asks. I shake my head then add, "I'll tell her tomorrow." "Ha, no." "Why not?! It's fair." I yell. "Well you're my boyfriend." Lucy says. "Ha, not anymore. We're over Lucy." I say mocking her, then walking away with sass just like Lucy does.

I finally got one done! I've seen a lot of highschool AUs before so I wanted to try one! Super sorry for the wait but I'm back for now. Tell me what you think of this and you can also request these types of stories too! Part 2 will be updated soon!