Natsu X Deaf!Reader

Requested by: Kittykat5900   Thank you for your request!

Y/N's POV

-Flashback-

I lay in the forest curled up in a ball. The destruction of my village was left behind the path of a dark guild. I sighed wanting to go back home. A burn on my arm stung with pain. I see the rustling of leaves and a boy with spiky blond hair comes out. He stares at me for a second and picks me up. He brings me to a guild called FairyTail and that is where my new home began.

-Flashback Over-
I sit next to Laxus and his Thunder God Tribe. Apparently Bickslow made a joke so I started laughing along with them. I couldn't hear the joke for I'm deaf but I could mimic his joke. My magic was called Mimic Magic. I could mimic anyone's certain magic like water or ice. I could even mimic words so I can talk! I really liked my magic and if it wasn't for Laxus I'd probably would've never learned any! Laxus was the one who brought me to FairyTail and he's like a big brother to me. I see Natsu come over and quickly get behind Laxus. Neither Laxus or Natsu himself knew why I hid. Laxus just thinks Natsu did something to make me scared of him. I'm scared of fire. I have a burn on my arm from when my village was destroyed. I like Natsu but his magic just scares me to death. I see Laxus yelling at Natsu and Natsu yelling back until I step in front of Laxus and shake my head. Laxus understands that Natsu did nothing wrong and calms down. I sigh and sit back down in my seat. I really like Natsu but how I can tell him if I can't even get close to him and his magic? Lucy comes hopping over grabbing Natsu and pulling him back to Team Natsu's table. Lucy glares at me as if I did something wrong. I watch as Lucy flirts with Natsu but Natsu is too concentrated on something. Then Lucy gets annoyed and does something I didn't think she would do. She kisses Natsu on the lips smirking at me. I get up from the table and run outside.

Laxus' POV

I watch as Y/N runs out the door. What was that about? Then I spot Lucy kissing Natsu. I figured Y/N had a crush on Natsu but not Lucy! "What the heck Lucy?!" Natsu yells. "What? You didn't like it?" Lucy asks smiling. "No! Look Lucy I like you as a teammate not anything else." Lucy's grin drops from her face and she pouts sitting there. Natsu comes over to my table. "Laxus where'd Y/N go?" "She ran off. She couldn't have gotten that far." I say. Natsu thanks me with a grin and runs off.

Y/N's POV
I continue to run until I reach my house. I start to unlock my door when I feel a hand on wrist. I turn around and see Natsu. "Natsu let go." I say using my magic to mimic Erza's voice. Natsu doesn't budge. I pull away from his grip and unlock my door and start to head in my house. I feel Natsu tug on the cloak covering my burn. I quickly turn to stop him but he already pulled it off. "Y/N....." I hear Natsu say using my magic to hear. I quickly take the cloak away and head into my house and close the door. Natsu puts his hand to the door stopping me from closing it. "Y/N let me in." He says. I reluctantly open the door and let Natsu in. "Y/N tell me the truth. Is this why you've always stayed away from me?" Natsu asks. I nod. Natsu sighs running a hand through his pink hair.  "Can you explain?" I nod again and start to speak. "My village was destroyed by a dark guild. I'm not sure of which one but they destroyed my home. The guild set my home on fire and I escaped being left with this burn. That's why I always stayed away because I was scared that you would hurt me." I say. Natsu looks at me with a sad look on his face. "Y/N... Why didn't you tell me?" I didn't respond. Natsu gently touches my face and kisses me. It felt like an eternity before he pulled away. "I'll protect you Y/N. I won't let your past haunt you." Natsu gives me his signature goofy grin and kisses me again.