moving out

Sitting on the couch i try to straighten the wrinkles out of my shirt, as i put my hair up into a dishelved bun. Looking up I see a younger guy sitting on the love seat looking at me intently, not in a creepy way but with interst of why i was locked in a basement. Weird- nobody cared about me, the next thing i had notice was his eyes they had gone from a dark chocolate brown to a Golder ember. Totally creepy, he looked wealthy enough in his dark wash blue jeans and long sleeve button up shirt he had the sleeves of his shirt rolled up to his elbows in a casual way and a comtemplating look on his face.

"So this must be yours and Carla's lovely daughter i persume" he spoke in a soft tone with a bit of hardness like he was affriad of scaring me, then again he kind of did, okay what the hell is going on. "Yeah one i wish she didn't I rather have her in that place of this brat" my father spoke harshly. What was he talking about i took care of him, i fed him, i did the work he was supposed to i-. Stopping my little rant inside my head i decided to not think about it till later. "Well I'm here to claim her no the less just as Carla's will stated". Hold up what! in her will?! "have her she's a burden anyway"   With a wave of his hand my father dismissed it like i was nothing, talk about heartless.

Motioning for me to pack my stuff, I do as I'm told, I grab a black trash bag. It only took 20 minutes to get my room, and food together, yeah i know sad right considering it takes most people a few days. Grabbing all of my moms jewlery and some of her prized possesions i walk out. Leaving the milk and cereal on the kitchen counter, heading towards a waiting Black BMW. My "father" smiles sending me only way. Taking one last look at the house i couldn't help but tear up, what a hell hole it was, it was still where I was born and raised so many memories of my mother. Sigh sitting in the passanger seat we pull away from the curb of my house.

Goodbye hell hole and hello, god only knows what. 

"The names Adam by the way I was one of your mothers closest friends" sighing i respond "mines Cassandra, what do you want with me?" "to take care of you, your mother wrote in her will if anything happenend to her I was to take you to live with me and treat you as one of my own" . Staying silent thousands of thoughts ran through my head,  how old was this guy my mom was only 38 whan she died this guys looks no older than 40. The drive was long but soon we entered into a huge reservation it had houses tucked here and there into the woods but not too deep. We stopped and the third hous from the back.

It was a large Victorian like log cabin Being two stories it looked quite tall, it had lots of windows each cover discreatly, with a big front porch it was almost like my dream house. Getting out of the car i realized it was 8:46. Grabbing my stuff he lead me through the house. There was a large state of the art stainless steel kitchen, the floors through the house were Cherry oak, Down stairs was a dining room, sitting room and office. Upstairs had four bedrooms, in different wings. A laundry room tucked away cleverly and small kitchen was in the center between. Man this guy was loaded.

 My room was medium sized. Inside was a full sized bed against the wall on the far side, with brand new black and white striped duvets on it. There was a small walk in closet across from my bed, The bathroom had a walk in glass shower, toliet and large mirror, everything in there looked like it was marble, hell it proball was. Putting my stuff away there was a laptop on my night stand along with a cellphone and a plasma screen tv over my bed, whoa! Looking in the drawers i find a small locket it had a saphire cut into it, clipping it around my neck it reminded me of my mom. Hmm weird almost like deja vu.

Sitting on my bed i ponder on how my life had changed in a matter of couple hours, thank god. Maybe i would like it here, i sure hoped so. I knew it was probally too good to be true but heck I was sleeping in no time, god these pillows where comfy. 

-sorry couldn't find pic for Adam vote read comment