Chapter 6~ Quidditch, Quaffle, and Quirrell's class*

Chapter 6 ~ Quidditch, Quaffle, and Quirrell's class

Madam Pomfery let me out of the hospital the next morning and once I was released I happily skipped down to the Great Hall for breakfast. As soon as I made my appearance, Oliver came over to me, making sure I was well enough to play in the upcoming Quidditch match against Slytherin House.

"You're sure you can play?"

"Yes, Oliver, I'm as healthy as a Hippogriff! Now, please, just let me eat my breakfast in peace!" I exclaimed after about five minutes of answering the same question over, and over. Oliver asked one more time, this time I shut him up by throwing a waffle at his face.  That worked perfectly. Note to self: when lacking a muffler, use a waffle.

Later that day I was zooming around the Quidditch Pitch, warming up for practice with Fred and George. From the air, I could see Anna, with her Sky blue Weasley jumper with a white A on it and a red and gold hat and scarf. She had her camera and was clicking away, taking pictures for the scrapbook she wanted to make for her to have after graduation.

Practice went well; we had a few short practice games so Harry could get the hang of Seeking, and so he would have somewhat of an idea what the atmosphere would be like on Saturday, Anna charmed some rocks to cheer loudly. Some of the rocks were booing, and the others were hooting and yelling out our names. Oliver thought it would be a good idea, until halfway through practice; George re-charmed them to spit out profanities. That's when Oliver made Anna shut the rocks up.

Once Saturday came around, Fred, George, Angelina, and I were sitting at the Gryffindor table with Anna and Lee. We were already in our Quidditch uniforms, and the four of us were packing it in for today's match. A bit down the table I could see Ron, Harry, and Hermione talking. The three of them have gotten a lot closer after Halloween, I was happy for them.

I noticed Harry wasn't eating anything. I went over to their part of the table and dropped a stack of pancakes on Harry's plate.

"Eat." Was my simple command.

"I'm not hungry." Okay, clearly not simple enough then...

"Too bad, eat them. Trust me; you want your strength for this one. I understand that you're nervous, but still, flying on an empty stomach is not fun." He still didn't touch his food. "Don't make me shove those down your throat." I warned, after he saw the look on my face, he started eating.

Shortly after that, the seven of us; George, Fred, Oliver, Harry, Angelina, Katie and I, were in the locker room. We were waiting for Oliver to give us his usual speech.

"Okay, men," He started.

"And women," Katie, Angelina and I reminded him.

"And women, this is it," He continued.

"The big one," Fred said.

"The one we have been waiting for," George added.

"We were all on the team last year; we know Oliver's speech by heart." I told Harry.

"You three, shut it," Oliver interrupted, "This is the best team Gryffindor has seen in year. We are going to win, I know it." He shot a glare at all of us, "Or else."

"Sir, yes sir!" I shouted as I stood up as stiff as I could and gave Oliver a soldier's salute. This act cut the tension a bit and we all let out a laugh, well, except for Oliver, he looked dead serious.

"Right, it's time, good luck, all of you."

We walked out of the locker room with our brooms in hand. Harry had one of those brand new Nimbus 2000's. When we got to the field, the stadium filled with loud cheers, I could see Anna sitting with Hermione and Ron, waving a banner that kept flashing: