Chapter 32~ Sadness Shoes and Snowballs

Chapter 32~ Sadness, Shoes, and Snowballs

****CONTEST INFO IN THE A/N******

"Hey Anna?" I asked the day before the Hogwarts express would be arriving.

"Yeah?" She answered.

"Do you ever wonder what would have happened if Mum and Remus's relationship had been different?"

"Well." She started. "It's pretty easy if you think about it. If they didn't like each other, then they never would have had that 'special hug' as Madam Pomfery explained it as when she gave us all the sex-"

"No, not like that!" I said cutting her off. "What I meant was what if Mum left Viktor and went back to Remus after we were born."

"Gosh. I've never even thought of that... Mum might have never gotten her Lab so she might have still be alive today."

We sat in silence before I had to go and break it.

"I wonder how she feels about us now. Or if she even knows about whats going on with us."

"Well everyone says-"

"-But they aren't her!"

"I don't know." Anna said sadly.

"I miss her." I said softly.

"So do I. But there really isn't much we can do about it."

"Yeah, I know. But that doesn't help much."

"I wish she could see us now. I'd love to talk to her again. Just one last time." Anna sighed. I nodded my head sadly as I leaned in towards her, resting my head on my older sister's shoulder. I didn't even try to stop the tears from rolling down my face this time.

I missed my Mum, and I just wanted her back.

"Come on Anna! The train is going to be at the station soon!" I yelled form the Common Room up to our dorm. Today the train carrying the majority of the student body was bringing them back to school. That meant I would be able to see Fred.

"Hold on! Just let me find my shoe!" Anna yelled from the dorm.

"Walk barefoot!"

"It's snowing! I'm not walking barefoot!"

"Why not?"

"Because I happen to like my feet and toes!" Anna said as she walked down, wearing two different shoes on her feet.

"Uh-"

"-Don't. Say. Anything."

"Uh-"

"-I know they're different."

"Uh-"

"-I'm leaving!" She announced as she walked past me and out the portrait hole. I stood there for a second, trying to make any sense out of what happened. I then just gave up and ran after Anna.

I sat next to Anna on a bench once we got to the platform, the train wasn't due to come for another 15 minutes. I kept checking my watch only to find that a minute had passed. With five minutes left to wait, Anna had started pacing and I had started taping out a nervous rhythm with my wand on the bench.

"What time is it?" Anna asked as she paced. I checked my watch and felt my blood go ice cold.

It was 12:01 p.m. The train was late. The train was never late. NEVER. "Oh my God." I said quietly.

"What? What is it Izzy?" Anna shirked anxiously.

"The train. It's a minute late." I said as Anna's face fell.