Chapter 44~Time Thompsons and Thank You

Chapter 44~Time, Thompsons, and Thank You

"Nasty cut there... Black's work I suppose?" A voice asked as I started to come to. I wants' entirely sure where I was, or what was going on, or who was talking. The only thing that was able to catch my full attention was the strong, stinging sensation in my left hand.

"No, the work of Potter, Weasley, Granger and the two Lupin girls." A second voice sneered. My heart started racing at the sound of my real name, the name Anna and I had tried to keep secret for months now.

"Lupin girls? Aren't they the Thompson's children?" The first voice asked.

"Marissa's, yes; but not Victor's. The girls are Lupin's." The way the second voice spat at the name made me come to conclusions on what was really going on. Snape. Snape was telling someone about us. Someone I didn't know. I started to feel sick. I tried to open my eyes, to yell at him to stop, to do anything; but nothing came out. My eyes didn't open.

"The five of them attacked you? But why?" The first asked.

"Black had them under the Confundus Curse. Didn't know what they were doing."

"But, what made the Dementors retreat?"

"I haven't the faintest. Black, Potter and the girls were unconscious when I found them, Minister."

Minister. Snape had just told the Minister of Magic about Anna and me. The man Victor Thompson works for. I slowly forced my eyes open, red hot anger coursing through my veins.

The Hospital Wing was dark. Ron was at the farthest end of the ward, followed by Anna, me, Hermione, then Harry. I could see the outlines of Snape and Fudge from behind the curtain separating the five of us from them. My attention was once again drawn to my left hand. I looked at it, expecting to see the worse I could think of, but found that it was wrapped in clean, white gauze. I reached to peel the gauze off, but I was stopped by Madam Pomfery.

"What do you think you're doing? You're as bad as those boys. Leave it to heal!" She exclaimed, motioning to my injured hand. "It'll be fine, just some minor scarring, nothing too extreme."

"Nothing too extreme?" Anna exclaimed form her bed next to mine. "If it isn't that bad, then let her see it."

"No, it must stay covered; we don't want it to get infected." She said shortly before walking towards Harry's bed. "Ah, you're awake."

"How's Ron?" Harry and Hermione asked together.

"Is it wrong that I sort of forgot about Ron's leg?" I whispered to Anna.

"If it is, then I'm in the wrong too." She answered in the same tone.

"He'll live. As for you four... You'll be staying here until I am satisfied you're - What are you doing Potter?"

Harry was putting on his glasses on and grabbing his wand off of the bedside table between his and Hermione's beds.

"I need to see the Headmaster." He explained.

"Potter, it's all right. They've got Black. He's locked away upstairs. The Dementors will be preforming the Kiss any moment now-"

"WHAT?"

In a moment, Anna, Hermione, Harry and I were all on our feet. Snape and Fudge entered into the Hospital Ward. Fudge sent Anna and me a questioning look. I shot a glare at Snape.

"Harry, Harry, what is this? You should be in bed. Has he had any chocolate." Fudge asked as if Harry was about to drop dead at any moment. He didn't seem to care if Anna, me or Hermione were okay... I felt reassured to know that my Minister of Magic had such a strong interest of the health of young witches and wizards.