Chapter 9~ Appetite, Anger, and Amelia (Oh my!)*

(I sadly, don't own Harry Potter, but I do own Izzy and Anna!)

Chapter 9 ~ Appetite, Anger, and Amelia (oh my!)

"Hey Anna, sorry I woke up la- what the heck is your boyfriend doing Anna?"  I asked my twin; whose boyfriend was currently chewing on an empty chocolate frog box.

"Took you long enough, I'm starving!  I wanted to go down to breakfast but Anna and Fred wouldn't let me go down because you weren't up yet!"  George yelled as he threw the empty carton into the fire and rushed out of the Common Room.

"What crawled up his butt and died?"  I asked, somewhat shocked at George's outburst.

"Well, he had detention with Snape during dinner, didn't get back until around 2a.m., then Flinch caught him on his way to the Kitchen trying to get some food.”  Fred said.

"He's starving; he even asked me this morning if he could eat my cherry Chapstick.  You know I love George to pieces, but that was just gross."  Anna said with a discussed look on her face.

"Eww, that is gross, come on, let get down to the Great Hall before George eats all of the food."  We left the Gryffindor Common Room and made our way down to the Great Hall.  But when we got down there, there was a large crowd blocking the entrance.

"What's going on?" Fred asked as we tried to get a little closer to see what was going on.

"All I'm saying is that if you're going to talk about my brother, best friend, girlfriend and I, you might as well say it to our faces!"  A voice erupted and carried through the corridor.

"Was that-"

"I think it was-"

"George."  All three of us said together, pushing our way through the crowd.

"Hey, watch it!  Brother, best friend, and girlfriend coming through!"  I yelled as we pushed ourselves into the middle, revealing Amelia and George in the center of the massive crowd.

"I can talk about my no-good blood-traitor cousins whenever I feel like it, Weasel."  Amelia's shrill voice said.

"Are you sure about that, cousin?"  I spat the word as if it were toxic.

"Last time I checked, Izzy and I are no longer related to you."  Anna said in a know-it-all tone of voice.

"And I am over joyed that now, every last trace of your disgusting mother is out of the family." She sneered.

"Then why do you even bother fighting and arguing if you don't care about them?  What is the point!  The four of you us could care less about what you think about us, let alone what you think what disgraces our kind, we have our own idea of what disgraces the name of a wizard."  Fred said after he ended, he grabbed my hand and he pulled me out of the crowd, George and Anna following close behind us.  I tried my best to ignore the tingling feeling I had in my hand when he grabbed it and tried to focus on the fact that Fred was seething with anger.

"Are you okay Fred?"  I asked, my voice filled with concern.  I don't think I have ever seen Fred get so steamed over something like this.

He let out a large sigh, "I don't know Iz, I just hate it when people like her think blood is a reason to treat people like scum on the bottom of their shoes.  And then I find it worse when they do it to people like you and Anna!  You two are some of the smartest, nicest, funniest people I have ever met, and I don't want to see people like Amelia trashing you two just because you hang out with George and me."

"Hey, listen here, I don't care what Amelia says or thinks about us four.  If she doesn't like us, then too bad for her, because Anna and I have found two of the best guys in the entire world to be our friends.  And I believe I can speak for both Anna and I when I say that the only opinions that matter to us are you two and your family.  You shouldn't let people like her get to you, once we get out of Hogwarts, we won’t have to deal with people like her ever again."  I looked into Fred's blue eyes and I could see the genuine concern in them.  I gave Fred a small smile and gave his hand a slight squeeze.

"The main reason we left the family was because we got tired of all the blood status stuff.  Honestly, Izzy and I would much rather spend time with your family then ours.  Ever since Mum died," I swore I heard Anna's voice crack a little on those last two words.  "Ever since then, you two and your family have been the closest thing we have to a real family.  And if Amelia wants to try and if she wants to try and make us feel bad about 'disgracing the name Thompson' she can keep on trying because as long as we have each other, whatever she says, isn't going to bother me."

"Come on guys, it's the last day of term, we shouldn't be wasting our time on people like Amelia."  George said as he placed a kiss on Anna's hair, causing her to go red in the face.

Fred looked at me again; all the anger seemed to leave his body when his eyes met mine. "You’re okay, right?"  I asked him.

He smiled back at me, "Yeah, I'm okay."

"Good."  I said as we walked into the Great Hall with Anna and George. He was still holding my hand. It felt very nice.

"I can't believe how much homework the professors gave us!"  George groaned as he practically threw himself on one of the multiple scarlet seats in our Common Room.

"Well, we do have about two and a half weeks before the next term starts up.  But then again, knowing you and your brother, you two will be trying to do it all the night before, and hounding Izzy and I for answers."  Anna sighed as she sat down next to him.

"Hey, I don't know about you guys, but I already have my transfiguration work done."  Fred said proudly.

"Fred, McGonagall didn't give us any work." I said, slightly confused.

"Exactly, so I already have it finished."  He said with a smile, causing all four of us to bust out laughing.

Anna, Fred, George, Ron, Percy, and I would be staying at Hogwarts for the winter holidays this year considering Ginny and her parents would be off in Romania visiting Charlie, the second oldest Weasley child.  The rest of the girls in our year would be at their homes so that meant that Anna and I had the entire dorm to ourselves. Yeah!

"Well, I don't know about you three, but I still need to finish up my Christmas wrappings.  And don't even think about trying to get them early boys, it's not going to happen!"  I said as I started my way up to the dorm so I could finish wrapping.

The next morning was the day when mostly everyone would be going home on the train for the holidays.  I say in the Common Room after breakfast that morning, waiting for Hermione to come down from her room so I could give Hermione her Christmas present.

I got Hermione two new hawk feather Quills, and some parchment.  The other day she was complaining she had hardly any parchment left, so I decided that it would be the perfect thing for her Christmas present.

When she finally came down with her trunk, I gave her the package.  "Make sure you don't open it until Christmas, it's charmed so I will know if you do.  You have been warned."  I said with a grin on my face.

"Thanks Izzy, don't worry, I won't open it until Christmas!" She laughed as she handed me a package wrapped in blue paper and finished with a green ribbon.

"Thanks 'Mione."  I pulled my bushy haired friend into a hug.

"Have a great Holliday, I will write as soon as I can get an owl."

"Good, Cosmo will be waiting there as soon as you get home."

"Bye Izzy."

"Bye Hermione, have fun!"

"You too!"  She called as she left through the portrait hole

Okay, short chapter, I know, but on the bright side, it is up sooner then I normally update!  As always, hope you liked it, and if you are actually reading this, please leave the comment "Dumbledore's Army" in the comment box! Thanks!

VOTE

FAN

COMMENT

SHARE

~Emma <3