Chapter 12 ~ Bithdays, Balloons, and Barn Owls*

Chapter 12~Birthdays, Balloons and Barn Owls

"I know what we can get the boy's for their Birthday!"  I heard Anna exclaim.  The two of us were in the library, reviewing for our finals that were coming up.  Fred and George's Birthday was coming up this Friday and Anna and I still haven't gotten them a present.

I looked up from my notes and gave Anna a questioning look.  "What do you think we should get them?"

"An owl!"  Anna said, she also got 'shushed' by several Ravenclaw seventh years.

"They have an owl already."

"I would hardly count Errol as an owl; he loses most of their mail."

"True."

"We can sneak down to Hogsmead and get one for them tonight."

"But Anna, the boys have the map."

"Well we can sneak into their room and get the map before they get back from dinner."

"I'm in."  I said with a grin on my face.  We continued to work on our review notes for a while until the bell rang for us to go to our next class.  For Anna and the boys, it was Divination, for me, it was McGonagall.  I have always found an interest in Transfiguration since before I started Hogwarts.  When Anna and I were little, Mum always used to watch us while father went to his job at the ministry.  While Mum would find ways to entertain us, she also worked in her lab.  As we grew, the lab became mine and Anna's playground of sorts.  Anna had always liked the potions aspect of Mum's work, and I was always amazed with the transfigurations aspect.

While I would spend my period with McGonagall's class, I would either be in the classroom grading papers, or working on my work for other work for the rest of my classes.

Once the class was over I had completed all of my work for history of magic and most of my potion's essay.  I attempted to get it all finished then because I had a feeling that I wouldn't be able to finish it later tonight.

After the rest of our classes, Anna and I skipped dinner and snuck into the boy’s dorm to retrieve the Marauders Map.  Luckily it was where the Boys normally hid it, under George's pillow.  Yep, that was their secret place to hide possibly the most important document that any of us have ever owned.

"Come on Iz, we have to get out of here before the boys get back."  Anna said in a hushed tone.

We walked over to the door, and just as I reached for the door knob, it moved.

It seemed like time was moving in slow motion.  As soon as Anna and I saw the door knob move, we rushed over to the twins’ beds and hid under them.  The door fully opened to show the owners of the beds we were under.

"Okay George, what are we going to do?"  Fred asked his twin as they went to sit on their own beds.

"I have no idea, but it should be something special..."  George trailed off, deep in thought.  I couldn't see Anna's face without showing myself to the boys, but I could guess that she was wondering as much as I was about what the boys were talking about.

"Speaking of the girls, have you seen either of them since we were on our way to Divination?"  George asked Fred.

"I saw Izzy in the hall, but it looked like she was heading towards the Common Room."  Fred told his brother.

"They must be up in their dorm then."  Yeah. Sure George, your best friend and girlfriend are just sitting up in their room.  Totally not under yours and your brother's bed...

"Or in the library."  Even a better idea Fred!  These two are clueless...

"Let’s check there first."