Chapter 37~ Shouting, Shocked, and Sting Tears

I wish I could say I got sleep that night. But if I did, I would be lying.

I got dressed in my uniform the next morning and waited for Anna before going down for breakfast.

"I talked to Dad last night." I told her quietly as we walked down the corridors of the school.

"Oh, so I guess he knows what happened then."

"Yep. He also knows why we got detention with him after dinner tonight" I said.

"Oh... I forgot about that..."

"Yeah."

The day went by slowly as I had to sit near the boys in almost all of my lessons. George still looked mad and Fred looked like he wanted to say something, but he couldn't find the words to say. I had tried not to pay either one of them any attention, but it's hard not to look at the two boys you've known your entire life. I settled on sneaking glances at them all throughout the school day. It was the most quiet I've been on a school day.

During dinner that night I wondered if the boys would even show up for detention. I asked Anna this and she said they probably would. Her explanation was that even though Dad may want to kill them, McGonagall wouldn't hesitate to.

On the walk down to Dad's classroom, I tried to get in the right state of mind, and tried to prepare myself for the oncoming hour.

It seemed like it was worth it at the time...

We walked into Dad's classroom to see that Fred and George were already there, sitting in the front row of desks. Dad was standing at the front of the room.

"Oh, wonderful, you're here. We were just waiting for you." Dad said, breaking the awkward silence that filled the room. The boys looked at us and I locked eyes with Fred. He looked just as he had before. It pained me to see him like this, sad and lonely. "Take a seat." Dad said motioning to desks on either side of the boys. I sat next to Fred, and Anna next to George. "Now, I'm not going to make you write lines like McGonagall recommended. But I am going to have a task for you. Now let's have... Anna and Geogre. I want the two of you to record the grades of some essays. One of you will read the name and grade of the assignment and the other will write it down." Dad said, handing them a stack of parchment and a small grade book.

Dad then turned to Fred and I. "Now, the two of you will be organizing my library. The books need to be ordered by last name of the author. I should think you know where the book closet is?" We nodded. "Good, you may begin"

Fred and I went to the book closet. It was a small room. The walls were lined with book cases and stacks of books sat on the floor.

"Well, looks like we've got our work set out for us." I said quietly under my breath.

"Yeah, looks like it." Fred agreed. My heart skipped a beat. It was the first time he'd actually responded to me since that night. For the first time since then, I think I felt hope.

"So... Where should we start?" I asked, trying to keep the conversation going.

"Oh, well, 'A' wouldn't be a bad place." He said, causing me to go red with embarrassment.

"Oh... uhm, yeah... that-that makes sense..." I stumbled awkwardly over my words.

The was an awkward tension in the room while we started organizing the stacks. I couldn't tell what he what he was thinking, and in a way, I think made me nervous.

We went on like that for a while, silently and awkwardly trying to organize books with out making contact with the other. Quickly pulling hands back if we both happened to reach for the same book at the same time. Both of us then quickly and quietly acted like it didn't happen and went back to what we were doing before. Honestly, I think it might have driven me mad. Insanity was the only reason I could think that went behind my next actions.

"Look. I'm sorry." I said, meting his eyes. I took a deep breath in before continuing. "And I know I've said this so many times since that night; but I keep saying it because I still haven't gotten any form of reply from you. This, this right here, it's killing me. I don't know if I should hope for a future with us, if I should keep fighting, or if there's no use in doing anything because the last 15 years have been for nothing. I know I've hurt you, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive myself for what I've done. But right now, right here, I think this is worth fighting for. I think we are worth fighting for. You're amazing and wonderful, Fred. And I don't know what I've done to deserve you, cause I'm just plain old Isabel What-Ever-My-Last-Name-Is with the stupid screwed up past that I'm just finding out about. I'm hot headed, and I don't know when I needed to shut my mouth or back up. I'm a hormonal teenage girl who unintentionally hurts herself on every day things. I know I'm a lot to handle and I know it isn't easy being near me. But you, you've made this the best year of my life. You were there when Anna was petrified, you let me stay in your bed for half the year last year because I was too scared to go in my own dorm. You were there when Ginny was taken into the Chamber. You were there to talk to when I found out Lupin was my real father and I wasn't a Thompson. You were there when I needed someone to stand by me and take my hand. You've made me feel loved and whole and happy and I don't know how I could've forgotten to tell you something so important! This is why I think you're worth fighting for, and I don't want to give up, but I don't want to be fighting in vain. I love you so much that it hurts me to be away form you, but if that's what you want, then I will. So I'm gonna say this one last time and leave it in your hands. I am so sorry Fred Weasley." I finished, looking deep into his eyes. I felt a tear roll down my face, but I ignored it. Waiting for a reply.

He didn't reply.

I felt like an idiot. I put myself out there, only to be shot down.

"Fine, I see how it is." I spat as tears stung my eyes. I quickly turned away form him, but his hand caught a hold of one of my arms, keeping me from walking away.

I turned back to him, about to say something; but before I could open my mouth, his lips crashed into mine.

At first, I was too shocked to do anything, but once I was able to process what was going on, I quickly responded to the kiss. It felt the first time we'd kissed, but without all the sloppy awkwardness that's bound to happen. But the passion and the fireworks were there.

I had missed this. I missed him getting his fingers tangled in my hair. I missed how our bodies seemed to move in sync. I missed him.

Hey, sorry this is a bit late! Friends moving, Emma causing herself physical pain while doing extreme activities such as Geo Cashing...

You know, The normal...

That's enough about me, how are you, my beautiful readers?

Not sure what else to write....

Per usual, have a wonderful week!

Love you lots!

~Emma