Chapter 36~ Dealing Dad and Dressing Up

Chapter 36~ Dealing, Dad, and Dressing Up.

I was glad the next day was a Sunday. Sundays meant no classes to attend, no mandatory events to go to, no need to leave my dorm. No need to try and face the boys. No need to get sad looks from my fellow house mates. I could sit in my dorm and be just as depressed as I wanted.

Or so I wished.

Hermione and Ginny dragged Anna and I out of bed around one in the afternoon.

"But we just wanna stay in bed."

"And cry."

"And eat ice cream."

"And cry."

"And cry."

"Nope! You two are going with us down to the Great Hall, you are going to eat and socialize and show those two dumb asses what they've lost." Ginny demanded.

"Gin, don't be so hard on them."

"It's not their fault."

"We're the ones that-"

"Annabella Thompson don't you dare finish that sentence." Hermione ordered. "It isn't either one of your faults. Those two boys are just immature-"

"No they aren't." I interrupted. "They may joke around a lot, but when it comes down to things that they care about, they get themselves so invested that if they get hurt, well... You saw what happened last night." I said, defending them.

"Listen, Hermione, you're really bright, but you're wrong on that one." Anna said softly.

"Enough mopping around! The two of you are going to get dressed and fix yourselves up and we are going down for lunch!" Ginny commanded. "Well, what are you waiting for? Move!" She exclaimed when we didn't do anything. For a second, she had that same fire in her eyes as her mother.

Anna and I got out of our beds and started getting dressed, much to Ginny's pleasure. I took my hair out of its sloppy bun and pulled through the thick knots. I pulled on an old, soft tee shirt and some jeans, ready to go down to lunch.

"You're not wearing that." Ginny said.

"What? What do you expect me to wear? My uniform? It's Sunday!" I said, confused. I looked over at Anna for support, but she was looking just as confused as I was. She too was wearing a tee shirt and jeans.

"Gin..." Anna said. "What do you mean?"

"Well, for starters, don't you two own any sundresses?"

"What?" We exclaimed.

"You do realize it's February, right?"

"And you do recall that this school is made of cold stone?"

"And it's freezing!"

Hermione and Ginny ignored us and shuffled through our trunks.

"This is pathetic." Anna sighed.

"Remind me when we, two fifth years, were suddenly able to be taken control of by a third year and a second year." I asked Anna.

"Oh, probably the same moment when our boyfriends broke up with us." Anna said bitterly.

"Oh, yeah, that sounds about right."

15 minutes later, Anna and I found ourselves sitting in the Great Hall. Instead of sitting with the rest of my year, Anna and I were sitting with Ron, Harry, Ginny, Hermione and Neville. In a sundress.

"So... Are you two and the twins broken up?" Ron asked Anna and I.

"I assume, based on the fact that they haven't even breathed our way since last night." Anna said. I just shrugged in response.