Chapter 41~ Birthdays, Boys and Bludgers

            The rest of the month went by quickly.  The month of March was spent studying for the O.W.L’s and Anna and I trying to convince Fred and George to at least look at a textbook. 

It didn’t work.

They claimed that O.W.L’s were useless if we were going to open up a joke shop; so the two of them spent the time when Anna and I were studying, making new products and testing them on themselves.  Needless to say, Anna and I spent our Easter Holiday studying, and trying to stop the boys from killing themselves when they accidentally took the wrong end of a treat and ended up bleeding twice as much.

While all this was going on, Fred, George, and I had Quidditch practice almost every day of holiday.  Every Gryffindor was obsessed with the upcoming match against Slytherin.  Gryffindor had yet to win another Quidditch Cup since Charlie Weasley was on the team.  Charlie was the one that had taught Fred, George and I to play Quidditch, and according to Mrs. Weasley, Charlie had me on a broom as soon as I could walk.

In the middle of all of the studying and Quidditch practicing was the twin’s 16th birthday.

Anna and I had gotten up at the crack of dawn on April 1st.  We wanted to wake the  boys up ourselves that morning, so the night before we transfigured two candle sticks into soup pots, and found two wooden hair brushes that we could knock against the pots.  Before we left for their dorm, we made sure to grab the items and quietly snuck into their room.

Once we had reached our destination, we quietly shut the door and cast some silencing spells on the walls so we wouldn’t wake our other house members.  Once that was done, Anna and I started beating on our pots with our brushes and started whooping and hollering.  Lee fell out of his bed with a yelp and Fred and George both groaned.

“Bloody Hell!”  Lee exclaimed.  “What was that for?”

“Happy Birthday!”  Anna and I yelled, ignoring Lee’s comment.  I ran over to Fred’s bed, dropping the pot and brush on the way, and jumped onto his bed, landing next to him.

“Wake up.”  I said, poking at his noise.  He let out a groan.  “Come on, for me?”  I asked, receiving the same response as before.  “Fred!”  I groaned, collapsing on his bed.

I looked over at Anna and she seemed to be having the same issue with George.  “You do realize that’s not gonna work, right?”  Lee yawned.

“We had to try.”  Anna sighed.  “But I think I do know something that could work better.”

“Oh?”  Lee challenged.  “I’ve shared a room with those two for the past five years; nothing will get them up against their own free will.”

“Yeah.  Well…”  Anna sighed, getting off George’s bed and heading for the door.  “I guess we won’t be able to give the boys their present, Izzy.”

The boys snapped their eyes open.  “Present?”  They asked simultaneously.

 “Now that’s more like it.”  I said with a smile.  “Morning Hun.”  I greeted Fred.

“Morning.”  He said with a yawn.  “Now what did you get us?”

“What makes you think we got you anything.”  Anna laughed.  I laughed along with her, knowing fully well that we did, in fact, get them something.

The boys looked at us in shock.  “That was one cruel trick, Anna Thompson.”  George said in a serious tone.

“Yeah,” Fred agreed. “Cruel and cold.”