Chapter 8~ Snowballs, Sweets, and Set-Ups*

(I do not own the Harry Potter Series, only Anna and Izzy, All rights to J.K.Rowling)

Chapter 8 ~ Snowballs, Sweets, and Set-Ups

            “Anna, come on!  We don’t want to be late for our first trip to Hogsmead!”  I said as I wrapped a scarf around my neck.  It was late November and snow had already covered the ground in a light blanket.  The other day, George had charmed some snowballs to hit Professor Quirrell in the back of his turban; it was a very funny sight as he tried to keep his turban form falling off.

            “Where is that hat? I had it a minute ago…”  Anna said, mostly to herself, as she shuffled through a pile of clothes on the ground.

            “Uh, Anna,”

            “Yeah,” She said, not looking up from the pile.

            “Check on your head, sis.”

            She lifted her hand up to touch the back of her head, and her hand made contact with the soft material of the hat she had been looking for.

            “Oh.”  She said as her lips turned into a perfect ‘O’ shape.

            “And how does the supposed ‘Smarter twin’ feel?”  I asked mockingly.

            “You know I hate you, right?”  Anna said as she glared at me.

            “I love you too big sister!”  I exclaimed as I made a heart shape with my hands and ran out of our dorm to meet Fred, George and Lee in the Common Room.

            “Where are the other girls?”  Lee asked as the boy’s caught sight of me, but not Anna, Katie or Angelina.

            “Angelina and Katie are looking for their scarfs and Anna is plotting my death.”  I said as if it normal.

            “What did you do this time?”  Lover boy asked with a grin on his face.

            “Well Georgie, Anna had a case of the stupids, I simply just pointed it out to her.”  I said as I threw myself on a couch, taking up the majority of it.  Fred let out a snort and joined me on the couch.  Since I now had a foot rest, I lifted up my feet and placed them on Fred’s lap.  I was now taking over the entire couch.

            “Well, it looks like I have nothing better to do then sit here and wait for the girls to come down.”  Fred said as he patted my legs.

            “Gosh, it’s amazing how you girls manage to get to class on time, considering it has been about an hour and a half since you four went up there to get your jumpers.”  Lee said as he started to flip a Knut in his hand, trying to kill some time as we waited.

            “Well, of course you three wouldn’t understand!  You all probably just wake up, do a smell check on your robes, and then walk out of your dorm.  We however, need to be some-what presentable, or McGonagall would have our hides if she saw us walking around looking like we just stepped out of the black lake!”  I said, defending my roommates.  

            “Then why aren’t you up there right now?”  Fred asked with a raised eyebrow.

            “I have enough sense to know that we are only going to Hogsmead, not to meet the Queen of England.”  My sarcastic comment earned me three sets of laughs from the boys.

            Anna, Katie and Angelina eventually made their way down the stairs.  When they came down, the boys and I made our way to the door, the rest of the group following closely behind.  We got past Flinch easy enough and after a short walk, we were finally in Hogsmead.