Chapter 43~ Pets, Pettigrew, and Panicking

Chapter 43~Pets, Pettigrew, and Panicking 

The three of us ran down to the Whomping Willow with our wands in our hands, ready for just about anything.

"WE’RE UP HERE!" We heard Hermione scream as we entered the Shrieking  Shack.  "WE'RE UP HERE-SIRIUS BLACK- QUICK!"

We thundered up the stairs to where Hermione's voice was coming from.  Anna shot a spell at the door to open it; in the room there was Ron, Hermione, Harry, and Sirius Black.  Ron was bleeding on the floor, Hermione had two wands in her hand and Harry looked ready to fight a bloody Sirius Black. Sirius was in filthy prison clothing with matted, oily hair and a sunken face.  He was nothing like he was in the pictures Anna and I had seen of him in Mum's journals.

"Expelliarmus!"  Dad shouted, collecting Harry's wand an the two from Hermione.  Dad just stared at Sirius before he spoke, his voice shaking.  "Where is he, Sirius.

Anna and I held our breaths, wands still at the ready.  Hermione looked at us confused.

Black pointed at Ron, not saying a thing.

"But then..."  Dad muttered.  "Why hasn't he shown himself before now?  Unless-" A look of realization came over Dad, his eyes widening.  "Unless he was the one... Unless you switched... Without telling me?"

Sirius nodded slowly.

"Professor."  Harry interrupted.  "What's going on?"

His question was never answered; soon Das helped Sirius off the ground and hugged him like a brother.

"I DON'T BELIEVE IT!"  Hermione screamed.  She pointed at Remus with a wild look in her eyes.  "You-you-"

"'Mione-" I interjected.

"-You and him!"

"Hermione, calm down-" Anna said.

"I didn't tell anyone!  I was covering up for you!"

"Hermione, listen, please!"  Dad shouted.  "I can explain-"

"I trusted you!"  Harry yelled.  "And all the time you've been his friend!"

"You're wrong, I haven't been Sirius's friend, but I am now- let me explain-" Dad said.

"NO!"  Hermione yelled.

"HERMIONE!"  Anna and I yelled. We successfully gained her attention, and the room fell silent.  Sirius seemed to see Anna and I for the first time and looked at us with wide eyes.

"Hermione, let him explain."  Anna said calmly.

"No!  How can you trust him?"

"Because he's our Dad and we know that Pettigrew is in this room!"  I exclaimed.

"Dad?"  Harry, Ron and Sirius asked.

"Yeah, Remus is our dad, not Victor."  Anna explained.

"Did she tell you?"  Sirius asked.

"No, we read it in her journals just this past year."  I said.

"You two look just like Marissa."  Sirius said with sad eyes.

"BUT HE'S A WEREWOLF!"  Hermione exclaimed, pointing a finger at Remus.

Harry and Ron gasped and Ron moved away from him.  I felt betrayed a little.  She said she wouldn't tell...

"How long have you known?"  Dad asked quietly.

"Ages."  She said.  "Since Snape's essay, then I knew for certain when Izzy and Anna told Ginny and I."