Chapter 17~ Quidditch, Quiz, and Quaffles, Not Waffles

I woke up the morning of the first day of term surrounded by red and gold.  The familiar feel of the warm blankets of my bed.  I had the red curtains pulled around the bed per usual.  I forced myself out of my warm haven and walked toward the bathroom.  I wanted to be able to shower before all of the hot water was gone.

The hot water was the most beautiful thing in the world at that moment.  But sadly, there was a loud pounding at the door fifteen minutes into my shower.

"I'm in here!"  I said loudly over the water.

"Izzy, get out of the shower!"  I couldn't tell if it was Anna or Angelina yelling on the other side of the door.

"I'll be out in a minute!"  I said.

"Took you long enough!"  I was told by both Anna and Angelina once I left the bathroom.

"Psh, don't act like you two don't take long showers!"  I said, pulling my robes out of my trunk.  I changed quickly and dried my hair with magic.  Once I was ready I went down to the Common Room.

Ginny, Fred, George and Lee were already sitting in front of the lit fire.

"Hey," I said as a greeting.  "How was your first night Gin?"

"Epic.  I don't think I've ever slept so well in my entire life.  These beds are like clouds."  Ginny sighed happily.

"Like sleeping on cotton candy."  I added blissfully.

"Like-" Ginny was cut off.

"Would you two cut it out?  I already miss my bed already without the two of you talking about it!"  Anna said with a groan as she came down the stairs.

"Aw, does somebody need a hug?"  Asked George, his arms opened wide.  Anna smiled and ran down the rest of the stairs and into his arms.  The hugged, but soon hugging turned into kissing, and kissing into snogging.  The rest of us in the room fanned out of the Common Room and made our way to the Great Hall.

The four house tables had all their normal morning fixings; porridge, kippers, toast, eggs, bacon, and my favorite, waffles.  The enchanted ceiling was a dull cloudy gray today, though it didn't exactly match the atmosphere in the Hall.  It was filled with the sounds of students talking and laughing, it seemed that the only thing that could bring their mood down was the thought of the classes that would start in a couple hours.

Soon, clouds of owls flew into the hall, dropping mail, left behind items, and newspapers.  Cosmo came flying in holding todays Profit.  He landed on the table in between my plate and Anna's and Anna gave him the crust of her toast, which he ate happily.  Fred and George’s owl, Starkid, flew in with a letter from their Mum, about how she didn't expect us to top what Ron and Harry did with the car.  Fred sent a reply on a napkin saying we wouldn't try too hard to top them.  Anna then sent Cosmo with a note saying her and I would keep the boys in check.

As soon as Cosmo left, the Great Hall started to shake and a very familiar yell rang through the hall.

"STEALING THE CAR, I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN SURPRISED IF THEY'D EXPELLED YOU, YOU WAIT TILL I GET HOLD OF YOU, I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU STOPPED TO THINK WHAT YOUR FATHER AND I WENT THROUGH WHEN WE SAW IT WAS GONE.  LETTER FROM DUMBLEDORE LAST NIGHT, I THOUGHT YOUR FATHER WOULD DIE OF SHAME, WE DIDN'T BRING YOU UP TO BEHAVE LIKE THIS, YOU AND HARRY COULD BOTH HAVE DIED.  ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED!  YOUR FATHER'S FACING AN INQUIRY AT WORK, IT'S ENTIRELY YOUR FAULT AND IF YOU PUT ANOTHER TOE OUT OF LINE WE'LL BRING YOU STRAIGHT BACK HOME!"  Mrs. Weasley's voice echoed through the Great Hall, causing some dust to fall into our food.