Chapter 11~ Dates, Doodles, and Drop-outs*

Chapter 11~ Dates, Doodles and Drop-Out

That year, Valentine's Day fell on the same day as one of our Hogsmead trips. A few days before, George said he was going to take Anna out on a date somewhere so once February 14 rolled around, Anna was searching the dorm frantically.

"Iz, should I wear the red or the purple top?" She asked, holding up two different tops.

"Red." Was my short answer.

"You didn't even look up from your book!" This was true.

"Fred told me George thinks you look cute in red." Yeah, that was made up on the spot...

"Red it is then!"

And a few minutes later...

"Izzy, should I wear my hair up or down?"  And the cycle continued...

"Happy Valentine's Day."  Fred and George said once Anna and I entered the Common Room.  Anna hurried over to George and wrapped her arms around him.  I caught Fred's eye and gave him a look, suggesting we let them be for a few minutes.  Silently, we sunk past the two of them and made our way to the Great Hall for breakfast.

"So, Hogsmead today."  Fred started in the middle of breakfast.

"Yep, George is taking Anna out on a date today."

"He sure is.  Hey, I was wondering, since neither of us have Hogsmead dates on Valentine’s Day, maybe you and I could go together?  As friends?"

That was not how I expected.  At all.  Am I sure he just said that?  Am I still asleep?  Am I possibly going insane right now!

"Yeah, sure Fred, I would love to."  Oh my Godric!  I have a date with Fred Weasley!

He smiled at me, "Okay then, see you in the Common Room around one?"

"Sure."  I said with a grin on my face.  I was trying my hardest not to start running around screaming my head off with joy.  After we finished breakfast, Fred walked with me back to the Common Room and I went to my room to get ready with the help of Anna

"Anna,” I said once I got into the room.  "I need your help."

"With what?"  She asked.

"Fred and I are going to Hogsmead together."

"Oh my Godric Gryffindor!  What time?"  She asked me in a very girly and shrill voice.

"He told me to be in the Common Room around one."

"What?  That only gives me two and a half hours to get you together!"

"That is plenty of time."

"No it's not!  Come on, I need time to do my magic!"

"Was that supposed to be a pun?"

"Nope, come on now, we need to get you ready for your date with Fred!"

I had a grin a mile wide on my face.

"And I think you’re ready."  She said slowly as she finished applying some mascara to my eyelashes.  She handed me a compact mirror and I studied my reflection.

Now, normally I would only put on some mascara and some Chapstick on in the morning before classes, but Anna put on the entire works on me.  It all looked natural, but it highlighted or covered certain areas.  Honestly, if I had an extra thirty minutes in the morning, I might consider having Anna do this every day. But I like sleep... so that answers the question for you.