Chapter 21~ Smiling, Somehow and Sir Luckless

I don't own Harry Potter, The Tales of Beedle the Bard , or the song Wanted by Hunter Hayes.  I only own Izzy, Anna and part of the plot line.

Chapter 21~ Smiling, Somehow and Sir Luckless

Things stared to get easier after the first day.  I tried my hardest to be my usual self, but it was a lot harder than I expected.  I learned that a big part of me was Anna, and without her, I was a different person.

I had been spending my nights in the boy's dorm.  If I were to try sleeping in my own bed and dorm, I would only have nightmares that would keep me up.  Fred, George and Lee didn't mind me being in the room, and Fred didn't mind sharing his bed.

Christmas and New Year's both passed and Valentine's Day was fast approaching.  Within this time span, Nearly Headless Nick and a Hufflepuff second year were petrified.  The Mandrakes needed for the revival potion were still ageing, but they should be done before the end of the school year.  This meant I would get Anna back before the end of the year.  Only three and a half more months.

"'As the sun fell below the horizon, Sir Luckless emerged from the waters with the glory of his triumph upon him, and flung himself in his rusted armor at the feet of Amata, who was the kindest, most beautiful woman he had ever beheld.  Flushed with success, he begged for her hand and her heart, and Amata, no less delighted, realized that she had found a man worthy of both of them.'“  I read to Anna. I held our old copy of 'Tales of Beedle the Bard' in my hands. I stopped reading when George walked into the room.

"How is she?"  He asked.

"The same, I guess."  I sighed.

"At least we'll get her back soon."

"Yeah."  I stood up and gave George a hug.  I knew he was having a hard time with all of this too, Anna being his girlfriend and all.  He greatly returned my hug.

"We'll get through this, all of us."

"Somehow." I agreed.

It was hard to believe that this time last year I was in my dorm with Anna getting ready for a date with Fred. Now I was mortified to sleep in that same room, Anna was in the Hospital Wing and I had been sleeping in Fred's bed.

When I walked into the Great Hall, I had frost thought it was a prank done by the twins.  The entire Hall was covered in pink, red and white decorations for Valentine's Day.  There where fat cupids flying around, handing out cards, flowers and presents.

I found the boys and sat down in between them.  "Did you two have anything to do with this?"

"Nope,"

"Why would we?"

"All this girly stuff..."

"It’s disgusting, really."

"Then who...?"  I stopped talking when I saw Lockhart dressed in pink robes, waving his hand for silence. 

"Happy Valentine's Day!  And may O thank the 46 people who have so far sent me cards!  Yes, I have taken the liberty of arranging this little surprise for you all- and as you can see my friendly, card carrying cupids will be roaming around the school today delivering your Valentines!  And the fun doesn't stop there!  I'm sure my colleagues will want to enter into the spirit of the occasion! Why not ask Professor Snape to show you how to whip up a love potion!  And while you're at it; Professor Filtwick knows more about Entrancing Enchantments than any other wizard I've ever met, the sly old dog!" 

"Oh my Godric.  I can't believe he just said that!"  I exclaimed in shock.  "I cannot believe he just gave a bunch of underage wizards and witches the advice to use a love potion on other students!"