Chapter 35~ Werewolf Watched and What About Honesty?

Chapter 35~ Werewolf, watched, and What about Honesty?

No one in Gryffindor was able to go back to sleep that night.  Most of my fellow housemates couldn't sleep because they wanted to wait to hear the news of if the teachers had caught Sirius Black or not.  Fred, George, Anna and I, however, couldn't sleep because we knew we weren't going to live to see Tuesday.

"My dad is going to kill us."  I said to Fred, softly enough so only Fred, George and Anna could hear.

"Yeah."  Fred sighed.  "I guess we won't be able to finally open up that shop."  He groaned.

"All that work..."  Anna said mournfully.

"We worked on that idea for years... And all for nothing."  George added in a similar tone.

"We were going to be rich, famous even..."  Fred trailed.

"We were going to rain an entire generation of pranksters...."

"All for nothing..."

"The only thing we're going to be now is Werewolf food."  I sighed.

"Werewolf?"  Fred and George questioned, somewhat loudly.

"Shh!"  Anna and I said, covering their mouths with our hands.

"We may have left out a minor detail..."

"Our Dad's a werewolf..."

I was glad no one was paying us any attention.

"What?"  Fred said eyes wide.

"You didn't feel the need to tell us?"  George exclaimed, his voice increasing sharply in volume.  "How long have you known?"  Fred demanded.  Hurt was evident in his eyes.  He was always honest with me, and had told me things as soon as he heard them.  And here Anna and I go and keep something this big from him and George.

"About six months."  I said quietly.  I couldn't bear to look in his eyes.  I knew if I were to look at them, however, they would be filled with hurt, confusion, and pain.  I assumed George was the same.  In the almost 16 years of our friendship, none of us kept anything from the others.

By this time, all eyes in the Gryffindor Common Room were on us.  It was a rare sight, seeing the four of us fight.

"We're so sorry."  Anna said softly, breaking the deadly silence in the room.

"Honestly, we just forgot-" I was cut off by a furious George.

"Forgot?  What ever happened to telling each other everything?"  He exclaimed.  "Did you both forget when the four of us promised that?  Did you?"  I looked up at Fred; it hurt me to see him in so much pain. He looked into my eyes, and opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out.  I on the other hand, was trying to keep the oncoming tears from rolling down my face.

They had both understood why we didn't tell them right away the Lupin was our Dad, safety reasons and all.  But for some reason, this was beyond understanding for them.  Anna and I had kept this from them for six months and this wasn't something small either, and we had kept it from them for much longer.

"We're sorry!" Anna exclaimed.  "Can we say it to you any other way?"  She said, her voice cracking slightly.  "It was a mistake!  We're sorry!"

George's eyes flashed with something I couldn't register.  He turned his back to us and stormed up the stairs to his dorm.  Fred started after his brother, but I ran to him.