Chapter 6 - The New Boss

KARLSTEN POV

Soon as I reached the Main Hall everyone stopped talking and looked at me. Some of them started mumbling with each other and some are plain silent. I made an eye contact with Louise as her signal to begin.

"Everyone this is Mr. Johansen our Boss... Sir please take the floor." Ms. Stausen breaks the silence.

"Thank you Ms. Stausen. Good morning everyone! I call this assembly to announce that my wife Mina Johansen is out of the country due to our family issues. For the time being I will be handling all the transactions and every decision about OUR Company." I made sure to punctuate my word.

With my vampire hearing I can hear all of them whispering it's quite irritating so I silenced them by raising my hand.

"If you have any questions then tell me instead of buzzing like bees. For those who want additional information like our marriage life it is really none of your business. I am the Boss and I run rules here understand?" I saw them nod.

"Mr. Johansen I'm sorry for their behaviour. They were just shocked and were not notified with the sudden news." Louise backed them up.

"I understand and I don't owe any one explanation unless they want to be fired." I put up my cold demeanour.

They all gasped and I smirked to myself with that no one is brave enough to speak again.

"Today I will consider this as our getting to know stage but it doesn't mean you will not treat me with respect. I expect everyone to listen with my instructions like you do to my wife. Are we clear?" I ordered firmly.

"Yes Mr. Johansen." All of them replied with tone of nervousness.

"Great. All of you can have the free day except Ms. Stausen tomorrow everyone will be back to work. One thing I hate is tardiness and I'm not tolerating that attitude in our Company. You are all dismissed." I waved my hand and they began scrambling.

I walked to Ette's office which is located on the fifth floor I study the proposals and appointments with the clients that Louise handed me over. Just then I go back to the familiar name of one client that caught my attention. I pressed the intercom linking to Louise and ordered her in my office. It wasn't long enough when she knocked and gestured her to come in.

"Louise I would like to know if Ette did a background check on every client she's been with." I directly said.

"Yes she does." She responds with a nod.

"Do you by any chance know any information about the land developer that Ette hired?" I added on.

"None that I know of. Why?" She shook her head.

"I just come across a certain client's name and can't help but think about it. It's oddly familiar to my ears." I gave my honest conclusion.

"I see. Who amongst them gives the bad vibes?" Her voice came out in whisper.

"It's the Salminen." I gave her a hint.

"Do you want me to have them check?" She gave a suggestion.

"It's best I do it discreetly. Does he know about Ette sudden departure?" I put hand on my chin.

"I notified him she was on family trip since it's partly valid that's the last time I talked to Mr. Salminien after Ette left for Germany." She is really efficiently.

"Set up an appointment with him tomorrow at 10. I will personally introduce myself to him." I directed her calmly.

"Noted. Will that be all Karl?" She scribbled on the paper.

"Yes that will be for now you can go back to your post. Thank you." I pointed the door.

When the door was shut my brain keeps rocking where and when did I hear the name. Being a vampire we have great memories but living for almost 600 hundred years gives you some lapses. I need to figure out about this something tells me it will be beneficial. I'm still on my own thoughts when my phone starts ringing. I know she will demand answers but I can't give it.

(PHONE CONVERSATION)

Brie:   Karl! I'm so going to hate you why did you leave without telling me? I'm your sister how could you do that to me? (My sister's voice sounded hurt and upset the same time)

Me:    I did leave a note for you. (I hold my temple for possible headache)

Brie:   Yeah a fucking note!! Do you really expect me to take that? After what happened between parents you owe me at least a better explanation why you left. (She keeps speaking that I couldn't sneak in)

Me:    I just want to get away for a while. (I mentally groaned)

Brie:   We both know what reality is so I want you to tell me this instance what is happening. (Her demanding voice)  

Me:    I can't yet but when I figured it out I will tell you. As for them we might end up fighting again so its better I get away. (I tried convincing her)  

I hope she bought it considering its partially true adding up my argument with our parents that hated me for my twin's stupidity.

Brie:   I know this is half of the truth Karl but I'm not going to force you to say it now. Can you at least tell me where you are? (She almost made me say it)

Me:    Nice try but I'm not going to be persuaded. (I smirked with a smile)

Brie:   It's worth the try but seriously I feel so alone here parents seldom   talk to me. They spend most of the time at the Fortress Dungeon seems they already forgotten me and my two best friends are gone to nowhere without saying goodbye. (She huffed with double meaning)

Me:    I don't wanna talk about them they already made their choice. As for your bestfriends you should know they needed to leave immediately. Anyway  contact me if you heard anything from her will you? (I gave a missing tone)

Brie:   Sure. So when are you going to return? (She insisted again)

Me:    I really don't know maybe a month from now or more. (I claimed)

Brie:   I want you to know I'm on your side I'm not accepting him as my brother parents are just being naive and weak right now since they just found him.  If you want my opinion about Cedrik and his bitchy Chosen they deserve more than that and should be on the Chamber of Death. (She gave out a nasty attitude)

Me:    I got your point Brie I'm feeling the same and I'm not going to let them insult me again. Listen I need to get going now but I'll contact you soon okay? (I began to stand up on my desk)

Brie:   Fine. Stay safe! (She groaned)

Me:    You too Brie. Bye! (I hanged up)

(END OF PHONE CONVERSATION)

I went back to eight hours of work like managing financial and physical resources, day-to-day management decisions, implementing long and short term plans with the contractors and clients.

In all honesty it was very exhausting being human again but I had to do it not just because of the mission but it's more for Ette. I don't want to see her business failed and so as her hopes on me otherwise she will have me castrated. Soon enough the working hours ended I left the office and began my other errands.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter ;)

Thank you so much!

••••• MJ Cristine