Chapter 11 - The Land Developer

KARLSTEN POV

After I successfully delivered Lorraine's body to Countess I went back to office. Ten minutes to spare before the meeting with the board I'm already sitting on my chair but since I have to get some files to Louise I went to her office. Being Ette's secretary and trusted friend she gave Louise her own office.

"Oh my fridging cake! Karl you startled me!" She touched her racing heart.

"Sorry I didn't mean to." I apologized with cackle.

"Why didn't you use the door instead of coming in without any notice?" She exasperatedly said.

"Do you really expect me to use it Louise?" I moved towards her chair.

"Not really but you could've at least warned me. I swear you're just like Ette literally both of you and now my sister too." She begins to rants.

"Louise I suggest you tell me if the land developer arrived than rambling." I motioned my hand to stop her.

"Oh yes! They just got in and I requested them to wait for few minutes." She cleared her throat.

"Good. Please make me copies of these and follow me to the conference room." I handed her a folder I did last night for the meeting.

"Okay." She grabbed it and started photocopying.

I left her to do her work and I proceed to third floor where the Conference room is. Five minutes I'm already out of the elevator when I sensed a vampire around the area I hold back the hiss but keep myself alerted. I will have to check the system camera later for now I need to finish this meeting.

"Good morning! Thank you for coming gentlemen and Mr. Salminen." I opened the door and tried to sound enthusiastic.

"It's not necessary Mr. Johansen---" He stooped midway the moment I came in.

"Adrian?" I recognized him.

I met him back in 1535 he was human but now I know he is one of us. He knows what I am back then but he never judged or despised me. He was a very timid man and gets bullied because he spends a lot on reading. We are always together and I always defend him whenever he gets criticized. He became a good friend of mine and he was the one who introduced me to his sister. Yes you guessed right he is Margo's brother.

"You are Mr. Johansen?" His shocked tone matched mine.

"It's been a long time my friend but let's discuss first the contract and we can talk after that?" I talked in professional way.

After about an hour we finally signed an agreement for five years contract. The Board already left and was very pleased thinking the future digits on their accounts. Louise came in while Adrian is lost in his trance watching my secretary intently. I brushed it off since I'm on the same situation about us meeting oddly and familiarly. The only doubt I had was how the hell he became a vampire?

"I know you have lots of questions so fire away bud." He started after Louise left the room.

"What happened or should I say who turned you?" I made sure to emphasize the word clearly.

"Where do I begin?" He sat comfortably on the chair.

"Begin from the night of the fair." I listened attentively.

"That night I found out I had Influenza." He confessed while I remained seated.

"Why didn't you tell me? You knew I would help you in every way I can even if it means I need to turn you." My emotions change from dismay to sadness.