Chapter 2 - The Reality Speaks

KARLSTEN POV

I felt somebody is shaking me so I turned to my side and saw Ette, my Kitten.

"Ette? Am I dreaming? Am I dead?" I said in very confusing tone.

"Karl, I am very much alive stranger." Ette touched my face while giggling.

"Ho---w... are you here?" I couldn't even form a word to say.

"What you saw was Ava's vision you fall into deep sleep and she channelled her thoughts to you. Everything here is real including me stranger." Ette held my hand.

We are inside my bedchamber the only difference is there is no Duffel bag on the top of the mattress. Now I remember I was waiting for her to return since she went out. Ava was watching us and gave me a signal that it was really just a dream.

"It felt all so real." I pulled her closer to me.

"It is for the rest of them."  She hugged me back.

I held her so close and feel the warmth of her body. Her voice, her smile, her touch everything about her is real.

"Kitten, I thought I lost you please don't leave me again." I whispered to her.

"I won't that is why I planned it ahead of time I am still here right?" She showed me another envelope.

I opened it and saw it all belongs to her personal stuff such as her penthouse key and code, our pictures together, a wedding ring, her phone, a flashdrive and the Company's ownership under our special names. The most shocking is our fake marriage certificate that states me as Karlo Johansen.

"Why do we have this?" I showed the paper to her.

"The whole idea was from Ava and I know you like it. She planned it since we've been struggling to find ways to tell humans about my sudden disappearance. No one should know that I still exist aside from you, Ella and Ava." She sighed.

"Why? How about your parents?" I creased my brows.

"The less knew the better if Mom knew that I am still alive then what Ava foreseen in the future will not happen." Ette reasonably stated.

"If it's all a dream then how come Ava can foresee the future? Aren't you supposed to just see the past of one's mind at a time?" My mind gets puzzled.

"My abilities have evolved Elder because I found my Chosen." Her valid reasons.

"I see how about Margo and Cedrik are they still in the Barren together with Andreas? The battle did it happen yet or Mallory and Gavin is still alive?" I blabbed.

"Stranger I never thought that you could act like a woman." Ette and Ava keeps giggling.

"You will pay for that later." I gave her a devilish smile.

"Elder to answer you I can only predict the people when I touched them." Ava cut us off.

"Mallory and Gavin died after I unleashed my dark side when Countess came that was the time Ella created the illusion as a result Margo and Cedrik will be in the Dungeon.  Everything happened as it is including with dad the difference is my death." Ette sat on my bed.

"How come you make such plans on very short notice and Karlo really?" I couldn't help but be amaze with her.

"Because I'm smarter than you Elder besides that's the name we can only come up closer to yours even I called you that before." She reasoned out.

"Is this the reason you spent time with Ava and Briella claiming you were just hanging out doing shopping?" I analysed the last events.

"You finally figure it out! Yes I used the last hours of waiting to have all the plans done before flying back in Finland. Since it's the best option we have we went to town and find someone to make the papers. It's the most appropriate reason considering you are my Chosen." Ette exclaimed.

"Damn my Chosen is brilliant. Now I know why your too focus on the plane ride and taking pictures of us. Wait I wanna see something." I scanned her neck.

"That claiming part also happens meaning you have access to my abilities." Ette proudly claimed.

"Can we please go back to the plan so I can be with my chosen too?" Ava intervened playfully.

"Going back, everyone is now mourning from my "death" and you on the other hand will run my company don't worry I already notified Louise about you while I search for the rest of the Hunter. I still smell human and Hunters don't have any idea about my appearance. Second, I have recorded some videos on this stick so you need to watch it everything you need to know will be on that file. With regards to my abilities, you just need to focus on emotions when you use it especially with the elements. Water signifies grieve, Fire for anger, Wind gives you serenity and Earth same as humanity. Do you understand Karl?" Ette detailed keenly.

"Noted. What if Countess knew you were alive?" I sat beside her.

"Countess only needs to kill me and see my dead body being placed in the casket. It was part of Ella's illusion and will only be broken once the culprit was found." Ette explained further.

"What about the Empire Guards?" I rubbed my stinging arm.

"We all know that they are not allowed to touch the tomb or anything inside the Temple. No one will know that I was never in it are you with me now Karl?" Ette added while raising her eyebrow.

"You are the most brilliant Chosen I have ever met in my entire existence!" I exclaimed and pecked her lips.

"I am your only chosen bonehead!" This time she whacked my head.

"Will you quit hitting me it's so embarrassing." I lowered my head and saw Ava trying to hold her laughter.

"Don't complain." Ette pointed her finger at me.

"As much as I would love to watch you together we need to get started the time is limited." Ava cleared her throat.

"Let me continue, when you get a hold of Louise give her the letter when Countess killed me illusionally speaking I made agreement with her. You will know it when she approached you for a mission and you need to do it that's the only way we will succeed." She said with conviction.

"I have one more question will you marry me for real after this?" I captured her face.

"What a very sweet proposal you got there stranger." She taunted me.

"Kitten come on answer me we don't have much time remember?" I smiled on my victory.

"Yes but for now be my fake husband until this whole plot is over. Wipe that smile on your face before I reject your unromantic proposal." She smirked.  

I couldn't contain the happiness inside me knowing she is alive and healthy. This is the happiest day of my life.

"Elder, Ette I am afraid we need to go someone is coming." Ava once again stopped our moment.

"I will keep in contact with you soon I have to go with Ava and find the other Hunters. I love you stranger." Ette captured my lips and left in haste.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter ;)

Thank you so much!

••••• MJ Cristine