Chapter 14 - The Proven Point

KARLSTEN POV

He sat down and smiling like freak while whistling. He didn't even greet me and went straight to the chair.

"What the hell are you grinning like a cashmere cat?" I gave an irritated sigh.

"Let's just say I scored big time today and I might have a lady tonight on my cold bed." His smile still plastered on his face.

"Is it my secretary you are talking about? Are you hitting on her bud?" I sounded possessive to rile him up.

It's time to find out if my intuition is right. I knew Ette would love to know this too.

"Are you interested with her?" He countered and stopped smiling.

"I find her attractive and she got all the right curves, its all perfect for shag. I'm planning to make a move on her tonight." I'm really good at this.

"WHAT?! NO! I meant you can't!" He shouted on my face.

"I am a man with needs besides my chosen is gone and I have to move on. I think she is the perfect one for me." I keep adding up. 

"YOU CAN'T DATE HER!!" He started yelling and I'm grinning like a fool inwardly.

"Why can't I? She is single and so do I we are perfect match." My inner brain keeps laughing seeing how red he is right now.

"LIKE HELL I WOULD!! SHE IS MINE!!" His veins and eyes are now turning black.

"NO! She is not yours and therefore I can have her anywhere and anytime I want!" I matched up with his actions.

"YOU WILL NEVER GO NEAR HER!!" He marched towards me.

"And why is that? Tell me Adrian." I almost want to laugh but keep my composure.

"SHE IS MY CHOSEN!" He finally claimed in front of my face.

I couldn't hold my laughter anymore and burst out until tears coming down in my eyes while Adrian studied me like I gained two heads.

"What the hell you are laughing about?!" He watched me as I catch my breath.

"I knew she is your chosen I just need to push your limit and see how you will react." I devilishly smile.

"Wh---at?" His face was flabbergasted.

"You heard me besides we don't have emotions unless we met our chosen. Judging how idiot you were earlier I know you already found her it's just a matter of time before you confess it." I patted his shoulder.

"You are right she is. At first I don't understand the feelings so I stayed home and read every single thing about it." He finally spilled it.

"How did you get her number? I wanna know because she accused me earlier." I placed my hand on the desk. 

"I followed her to her place and sneak in to her purse to get her phone. Since then I started calling her I can't get her off my mind." He admitted defeated.

"When do you plan to tell her?" I grabbed two glasses from the side table.

"I don't know bud she surely hates my guts right now and slapped me twice. I'm afraid how she will take it if I spill it on her." He put hands on his face.

"Better do it soon bud and believe me she will give you hard time. Good luck on it though you need it." I boost him.

"One more question do you really have hots on her?" His facial expression seems to be stern.

"No way bud! Louise is like a sister to me besides I only have eyes for my Chosen. It was just nice to make fun of you once in a while." I truthfully said.

"Glad to know." He suddenly cools off.

"Wipe that smile of your face since I have some updates about Margo. I won't talk about it unless you act like a real vampire and not like a virgin teenager who got laid for the first time." I changed the topic.

"Fine but you've got to help me on Louise." He insisted.

"Deal now enough babbling because I need your full cooperation." My tone turned serious.

"Right so what is it you wanted to tell me that you can't say on the phone?" Adrian finally put his poker face.

I gestured us to the couch and gave him a glass filled with our special drink.

"I don't drink this but thanks." He stated while smelling the glass.

"Don't play with me bud." I replied with a doubt.

"I'm dead serious." He countered placing the glass on the table.

"Oh shit! That's why you declined it before." I stared at him in awe.

"I swore never to drink it and just went hunting animals in the woods instead of. It was hard to resist at first but my only motivation back then was Margo. She was my only family and if I find her I don't want her to be disgusted with me. So back on her updates what is it?" He creased eyebrows.

"Margo has been found." I tipped him.

"That's great I don't need to travel anymore." He sounded happy.

"But there's a catch she is now held at the Execution Panel. There is 72 hours left before they execute her. " I added.

"Isn't supposed to be at the Tribunal Hall where all Councils evaluate the evidences and the crimes made at first?" Adrian pissed off voiced.

"Apparently they killed some Fortress Guards so the punishment is by threefold. Aside from feeding on humans which is the first offense the conspiracy is the second and third was killing our own kind." I slowly stated.

"Then I need to get to talk to her immediately before they execute her. She is my sister bud I can't just wait here while my sister is being held captive again!" He stands up abruptly.     

"That's the reason why I called you I can help you with that but I need your help in return." I stopped him from moving.

"What is it?" He reluctantly agreed.

"You need to know who is she working with and the location of my traitor parents and twin brother since all of them are now Shadows they will be executed." I spat the word parents.

"If we do this I want a fair condition we only have exactly 68 hours to make this happen." He checked at his watch.

"Okay, what is it?" I patiently listened.

After he gave his proposition I told him I will have it discuss with my Master so it will be relay to the Councils. Since we are talking about Execution Panel we need permission for us to be allowed to get there.

"When do you think they can you give the answer bud?" He exasperatedly said.

"I will contact you soon as I get a hold of the Master and prepare whatever the outcome is. For now you need to go out there and tell Louise the truth before she got herself into trouble. We know the Execution Panel have the power to scrutinize Margo's life and probably they already know you exist." I advised him.

"Right! Thanks for all the heads up bud I better go now." He rushed out of the door.

"Be good to her or I will break your face!" I shouted on his way out.

I went back on my CEO duties but couldn't focus since I can feel Ette is having some emotional turmoil. I tried reaching her mind since we have a special bond when I claimed her but still nothing. She is really making me insane! That woman will be the death of me technically we are but nevermind.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter ;)

Thank you so much!

••••• MJ Cristine