Chapter 22 - The Side Effects

KARLSTEN POV

I'm back in the penthouse and decided to contact my sister letting her know I'm linking her. I just hope she got some news about the trailing after a minute I reached her mind without any barriers.

'Brie how are you and what's the update?' I sat on the bed.

'I am fine and I already created illusion to shield the Barren. It's enough to alert me when some force or some powerful entity tries to barge in.  If it is too strong it can cause my energy and ability to weaken.' Her tone said it all.

'How long you think the shield will last?' I'm now stressing to be honest.

'I can stretch it as far as my energy can make.' She suggested.

'No! I can't risk that. You are the only family I have so I will not allow you.' My brother mode surfaced.

'But it will help us to speed this up we are running out of time Karl.' She reasoned out.

'It's not up for discussion Briella, now answer my question.' I object.

'36 hours then everything will be back to normal.' She went precise. 

'That's enough time to keep the plan going. How are Andreas and Eloise? I haven't heard from them.' I suddenly thought of them.

'Speaking of that Eloise has been sick lately and refusing to be treated. Andreas wanted to badly turn her seeing how she is suffering but we can't do anything on her condition. I just hope Ette is here to tell her parents about her existence.' Her voice came depressed.

'How about Justine the three years old New Born? Can his ability to heal can't help her?'  I started to get anxious.

'The twins are actually in the middle of training him. Justine is close to get a grip on his ability.' My sister confidently told me.

'Train him harder!'  I hissed particularly to the New Born.

'We are doing our best Karl don't get so worked up.'  She gave me assurance.

'Please make sure Eloise is taken care of and stays alive. If anything happens to her you know perfectly the Barren and the clan will fall apart even the Council will questioned Andreas performance as a leader.' I logically countered.

'It's actually happening Karl. There have been rumours that some Clan are considering to file complaints against Andreas's incompetency to rule. On the said protest they are requesting new leader and allegedly it is you they want.' My sister specified clearly.

'Speaking of Ette I will tell her about her Mom's condition maybe that's the only way for her to get better.'  I justified.

"She's back? Where is she? Oh that bitch I will kill her for not contacting me.' Briella became lively.

In time Ette came out from the shower and heard her yelling while I was checking how hot she is on that piece of cloth. Oh how I wanted to rip that off of her.

'Karl are you with me?!' Briella screaming made me zapped back.

'Sorry I was just...nevermind what is it again?'  I was so lost.

'I said the other New Born is already awake but still having hard time to adjust.' She detailed to me.

'Good just keep an eye on her also tell Ava everything she missed. We need her here so I will create a portal to the lake in an hour where we used to train together.' I checked my watch.