Chapter 10 - The Frontier Exemption

KARLSTEN POV

Another hectic day passed and I'm getting frustrated since I still don't have any leads. My focus was practising the elements since it was the tricky part for me. By doing this I observed I get weak easily and extremely tired so I end up laying on the bed. I was about to close my eyes for a moment of relaxation Countess channel my thoughts.

'Elder I contact you to tell you two things that you will not be delighted of.' She linked me.

'What is it Countess?'' I furrowed my eyebrows.

'It's about Cedrik and Margo. They got escaped from the Dungeon and to my dismay it was your parents who helped them.' She started relaying the details.

'When did it happen?' I balled my fist.

'Few hours ago.' Countess gave away.

'I had that thought coming but I dismissed the idea. Thinking my parents will not do it since it will be against the Covenant.' I replied with disbelief.

'That is the first reason why I contact you I am sorry to tell you that we have declared them as Shadow and being hunted now. They didn't only defy US but also killed some of the Fortress Guards. By those actions they made themselves signed up for death.' She added in.

'I understand Countess. There is no way I will condone them even if they are my parents. They even blamed and threaten me so I don't really care anymore. Does Briella know about this?' My worries came.

'She just did after Andreas gave the manifesto to the guards.' Countess addressed.

'What is the other reason Countess?' I interestedly inquired.

'It's about Levatnia ever since Ette died its taking the toll in the Barren. The people are starting to dismount because of what happened. If these continue how they can protect the Barren if there was any danger that comes forth? Andreas is not on the right position to handle it.' She continued.

'What do you suggest for me to do Countess?' I set my full attention.

'I want you to speed up this mission within two weeks I know this seems to be short but this has to be done immediately then you need to go back and lead them.' Her tone matches with authority.

'I will do my best to solve everything in two weeks time Countess.' I gave her an assuring tone.

'I am counting on you Elder.' She was about to cut the conversation when I stopped her.

'There is one thing I need to discuss with you.' I stood abruptly in my laying state.

'What is it?' Her mind started to connect again.

'I already met and talked to the human apparently she wanted to come when I take her sister.' I immediately bring out the topic.

'Elder the Frontier can only recognize our kind have you forgotten this?' Her voice somehow elevated.

Frontier is the border line between human and vampires. The only human who can pass it are the ones who found their destined Chosen and bitten since they are considered New Born if not then the human will die before even crossing it.

'Right. She can't.' I uttered.

'Exactly it is upon you to explain it to the human.' Countess added.

'I will. How about the human can she pass the turned since she's only 16?' I thought of the situation.

'Elder you're smart enough to know what the answer is.'  She put intonation on her words.