Chapter 16 - The Basic Instinct

KARLSTEN POV

I picked up my phone and instantly dialled her number preparing my ears. Here we go!

(PHONE CONVERSATION)

Me:    Before you start blabbering listen to me first this is important. (I initiated the talk)

Brie:   Ohh--- okay? (She replied more like a question)

Me:     First think of a place where nobody will hear or see you then create an illusion of yourself just laying on your bed. (I started)

Brie:   Do I have a say on this? Because you are --- (She huffed but I stopped her)   

Me:    Just do as I say. (I insisted hastily)

Brie:   Fine! (She sneers but stays quiet)

I keep breathing heavily and tapping my hand on the phone since I'm a very impatient. I can't block my mind for so long so this needs to be done fast.

Me:    Now come on you need to be quick! (I ordered her like a brother should)

Brie:   Will you just give me a fucking second and stop making noises so I can focus? (She sounded irritated)          

Me:     Okay. (I sighed with defeat)

Brie:   Thank you your majesty. (Her mocking tone)

After few minutes she spoke again and this time it's more demanding but nevertheless informed me she did the illusion.

Me:     Great! Now this is the crucial and last part of all you have to free your mind from anything and just focus on me. Got it? (I instructed her)

Brie:   Why do you keep giving weird instructions? Will you just tell me what this is all about? (She keeps interrogating me)

Me:    I will tell you just follow me one last time I don't have much time so bear with me. (I compromised)           

Brie:   This better be worth it! (Her last word before I felt her presence in my head)

(END OF PHONE CONVERSATION)

'Brie don't panic I am inside your head you can put the phone down now. We can talk safer this way with no one listening.' I gave her the heads up.

'What the hell? How did you manage to do this?'  She spoke with amazement.

'That's for later to be discuss all I can tell you is I have Ette's ability for the time being. I will tell you everything so make yourself comfortable.' I began giving the important details while she listened carefully.

'I was right! There was a reason why you left I was just waiting for you to say it to me!' She exclaimed.

'I'm so sorry I had to lie since it was strict order not to let anyone know about it.' I sat in one of the couches.

'I understand now. Have you got any hint who could it be?' Her witty come back.

'I have and I want you to keep an eye on that person tell me everything what you will find out through our link. We need a positive result before the execution is made Brie.' My hopeful voiced.