Chapter 18 - The Deceiving Act

KARLSTEN POV

I went to the Club's entrance and instantly search for my so called sister. That's when I saw Althea and Levi coming out of the office together with their father.

"Karlo? What are you doing here?" Althea was first to greet me.

"I came to pick up my sister Lorraine she is here right?" I approached her being pretentious.

"Yes she just went to freshen up. Sorry I was surprised you can wait her here." Althea informed me.

"I was too when she called me." I fake my smile.

"Althea do you mind telling me who this young man is?" Her father cuts in as if he doesn't know me.

"I'm sorry... father this is my friend Karlo, he is Lorraine's brother. Karl this is my father, Raymund." Althea introduced us.

So he was the man who threatened me he doesn't seem to be a leader but looks can be deceiving. I can see him sizing me up and down as I was doing to him inwardly.

"It was nice meeting you Sir." I offered my hand.

"Don't you think it's a bit odd that of all people you're Lorraine's brother and the man who found interest with my older daughter?" He shook my hand firmly while emphasizing the word.

"I preferred to say I am your daughter's friend and for the former I didn't know my sister is here until she told me her location." I gave out the same hand gesture.

I was so close in breaking my patience with him. There is something off with him and so as the rest of the people that gives me an irking feeling. I just hope Louise will come out wherever she is so we can leave this sick place. In time she was heading my direction with her acting.

"Brother!!" She yelled that caught everyone's attention.

"Hey! Are you---what happened to your neck?" I played dumb seeing it has patch on it.

"Oh that! It's a vam---" She was cut off by Levi.

"She got stung by a bee." Althea corrected her brother.

Yeah right bee stings my face when in fact it was my fangs that did it to her. "Don't worry she will be fine. We already applied some first aid but if you're not satisfied we can send her to the hospital." Althea suggested.

"Yeah we might." I agreed just to drop the subject.

"Relax brother a bee sting will not kill me. Now come on! I'm so tired and just wanna go home." Louise linked her arm to me.    

"Fine. Once again thanks for the help we better get going now it's getting really late." I concede with her.

"I'm sending you out then." Althea motioned us to follow her.

In few minutes we head outside where I parked the car. We are just about to get in when Althea stopped our tracks.

"What about her car?" Althea shows concerned.

"Don't sweat on it I already called a tow away on my way here." I covered immediately.

"Oh okay have a safe drive then it was nice meeting your sister Karl." She waved us goodbye as we both hopped in the car.

Since we can't just teleport with the car we drive all the way home to her place. This is will be an hour drive so help me God with my patience.

"I thought were going to get caught." Louise first words as we get in.

"I told you the planned will turned out the way we want it to be." I wiggled my eyebrows.

"Strange I don't remember we talked about giving a fake name. So how did the woman named Althea know my sisters name?" She examined her neck.

"Ohh that... I kind of compelled you." I admitted while shifting the gear.

"YOU WHAT?!" She suddenly bolted up from her seat.

"I need you to describe the perfect vampire and it would sound believable and scary. With regards to your name it's safer if they didn't know the truth in case they search for it. Don't worry you did great in fact the best actress in vampire history." I tried to joke her around.

"YOU COULD'VE JUST TOLD ME OR SHOWED ME! WHAT IF IT WENT WRONG?! DO YOU KOW HOW MUCH TROUBLE IT WILL BE?!" She began yelling and ranting.

"Will you just calm down? It never happen and its over so relax. Are you hungry?" I quickly said to lighten her mood.

"Yeah kind of." She uttered.

"I guess you are... where you want to eat? Name it I'll take you there as my apology." I suddenly heard her stomach growls.

"It's almost midnight and the shops are mostly close but if you can just teleport us to the nearest pizza parlor then I'll be glad to forgive you." She replied smiling.

"Pizza it is but we can't teleport right now and the car needs to be returned." I remind her.

"Yeah I almost forgot then let's just grab some snacks to the nearest convenient store we can find." She grumbled on her seat.

"Deal. Meanwhile there is nuts and water on the compartment. Eat it to help your hunger I assumed you will be so I brought them." I instructed.

"Thanks." She opened the snacks.

We drove in silence and let her munch while I keep my eyes on the road. Ten minutes later we saw a store open so I let her do her business in the restroom while I filled the gas tank. Soon as we are both done we started traveling to back to the road.

"Louise get some rest there is still about forty five minutes before we reached the City and I can see you're getting tired." I suggested.

"Thanks Karl." She started to yawn.

"No thank you for agreeing on this I wouldn't make it if it wasn't for you." I smiled genuinely.

"You think we convinced them? You think their father was the man we are after?" She started closing her eyes.

"I think so we did. We didn't plan it just to be screwed up." I nodded while changing the gear.

"How long until this bit get off from me?" She is holding her neck.

"A week then you're good as new but you need to hide it from Adrian." I justified while she began dosing off.

It was almost two in the morning when we reached her apartment and I started to wake her. All of a sudden we saw a man outside the building that appears ready to kill.

"Is that who I think he is?" Louise said stirring up.

"Yeah." I nodded while parking the car.

"We might not get screwed by the Hunters but definitely with him we are digging a grave." Louise pointed to seething Adrian.

================================================================================================

Please don't forget to follow, leave a comment or votes in every Chapter ;)

Thank you so much!

••••• MJ Cristine