Chapter 13 - The Only Hope

KARLSTEN POV

My day has been busy in the office I did auditing and signed some checks for the employee's salary. Finally after seems like eternity I was done with it when Countess Belona suddenly requested my presence.

'We've been reaching you for an hour what took you so long?' Countess questioned me instantly.

'I was doing human jobs and forgot to unlock my mind. My apologies.' I acknowledged my mistake.

'We called to deliver you the good and bad news.' Andreas spoke this time.

'I'm all ears.' My attention is now full speed.

'As you know the last time we spoke I told you Margo and Cedrik escaped. Only Margo has been captured and moved to the Execution Chamber instead of the Fortress. The punishment has been lifted to threefold and will be executed.' Countess started while I'm staring at the window.

Execution Chamber is an enclose space design for killing vampires using vervain to suffocate them. It is the final degree for any Shadows or vampires that committed crimes and it is upon the Panel to decide the extent of punishment. Panels consist of all the Councils from different Barrens and Clans in each country that our race have. It is located in Russia where our biggest and powerful Clan are living. The procedure of execution is done in secluded room but can be seen in open podium where all the vampires are gathered to see and witness it whereas the Tribunal Hall is only for immediately family or Chosen. If Chamber of Death is cruel this one is what we called brutal killing. The Shadow will be torture by killing their own flesh and blood. 

'That's good news at least we won't have to search for her just the remaining Shadows. What is the latter part that I should know of?' I intently listened.

'They will execute her within 72 hours if we don't find this person ahead of time then it's the end of the line for us. Your mission will be abolish and Ette's death with not be justified. Do you understand Karlsten?' Andreas voiced out this time.

If he only knew that Ette had it planned this far he will never be in this situation.

'I think there is a way we can convince Margo." I gave them hopes. 

'How?' Countess and Andreas said in unison.

'Perhaps you should hear this first and then we can decide afterwards.' I went to the storage room and grabbed a bag.

I reported about Margo's brother and his turned including the thoughts about the conspiracy. I made a mental note to bring out about the Clan after we finish with this.

'We have three days left before the execution he might be our chance for Margo to confess.' Andreas gave his input.

'Do you really think we could trust this vampire Elder?' Countess pitched in.

'He was a close friend of mine and I've known him as a man of his word.' I indirectly tipped Countess.

'But that was way back in 1500's before he went missing and all of a sudden he is back. Apparently he is working for Ette even before you met him again don't you think this is just a coincidence?' My mouth agape since Countess might be right.

'If in any case he turned in to us then we need something to make him not to.' I will lay my plan to them.

'What would that be?' Andreas peculiar voice.

'Leave it to me.' I smiled victoriously

'This better be a great plan you have Elder.' Countess link begins to fade.