Chapter 3

Dear God, thanks for everything. -@brysontiller

Megan's pov:

The bell soon rang and I headed towards my locker. I bent down and opened up my backpack and took out my reading and science books. I then noticed that Joe was standing beside my locker door.

"Hey." He said.

"Hi." I said.

"So I was wondering if you wanted to hang out at your house tonight?" Joe asked me.

"Sure. Do you need a ride to my house?" I asked.

"Yea, my car broke down this morning." He replied.

"Okay, follow me." I said.

I then closed my locker and headed out to my car with Joe following. We hopped in and I started the car. I drove out of the parking lot to my house. I soon pulled into my driveway and turned off the car and got out. I opened the front door and waited for Joe.

"Jeez you have a big house." Joe said.

"It's not really that big." I replied

We walked upstairs to my bedroom. I opened the door and saw that my husky was laying on my bed asleep. I went into my closet and pulled out a tank top and a pair of shorts.

"Make yourself at home." I told Joe.

I headed to the bathroom and changed out of the outfit I wore to school. When I came out of the bathroom I noticed that Joe was looking at a picture of me and my mom.

"Who's the lady beside you?" He asked.

"That was my mom before she passed away." I said as I started crying a little.

"Oh I'm so sorry." He said and brought me close. "It's ok just cry it all out." He said hugging me.

I hugged him and cried it all out on his shoulder. While I cried he rubbed my back. It made me feel like I was loved again. My dad had left me when I was younger and I now live with my aunt.

Joe's pov:

I felt so bad for Megan meaning that her mom passed away. She was cry into my shoulder so I rubbed her back so she would feel better. Why is this girl so freaking cute? I love this girl and she just doesn't know it yet. After a couple of minutes she stopped crying and lifted her face up. Her eyes were all red because she had been crying a lot. There were still tears rolling down her face, so I took my hand and wiped away the tears that were on her face.

I could hear her stomach growl and I was kinda hungry myself so I decided to take her out.

"Are you hungry? Do you want me to take you out somewhere?" I asked her.

"I am kinda hungry and no I have a whole bunch of Chinese food left over from last night if you want to stay and eat some with me?" She replied.

"Yea I'd like that." I told her.

We walked downstairs into the kitchen and pulled out the left over Chinese food. I put it in the microwave to heat up while she got 2 glasses and filled them with water. The food finished cooking and we separate it onto 2 plates. We took our plates to the dining room and sat down and started eating. When we were done we put our dishes in the sink. Megan was about to start doing dishes when I said.

"No, let me do this you go relax." I said.

She then went to a stool that was sitting under the bar in her kitchen. I poured water into the sick and a little bit of dish soap and started to clean the dishes. When I was done I went over to where Megan was and I picked her up.

"Why are you carrying me?" Megan asked.

"I didn't want you to have to walk upstairs." I said.

I took her to her room and sat her on the bed. I hugged her and said.

"I'll see you tomorrow at school Megan." I said.

"Okay, see you tomorrow." She said.

And with that I left and ran home.