chp. 39

My heart is smiling.-graysondolan

*April 26th*

*before school*

Cameron's pov:

I woke up, putting on my dress shirt and pants. I ran my fingers through my hair, getting the knots out. I put on my jacket, grabbing my poster, heading upstairs to the kitchen. My mom was in the kitchen, making me breakfast.

"Is today the day you ask her to prom?" my mom asked me, handing me my plate.

"It's the day," I told her, starting to eat my food.

I grabbed my shoes, putting them on as my mom took my plate. I grabbed my stuff, and car keys, heading out the door to school.

Grayson's pov:

Ethan and I both woke up early this morning, so that we could get ready early. I put on my nicest shirt and jeans, buttoning the shirt up. I grabbed my bag, heading downstairs to go get breakfast. After eating my mom's famous waffles, I got all of my stuff and headed out to my car. I put my stuff into the trunk, shutting it, getting into my car.

Joe's pov:

I woke up, immediately going downstairs, to make sure that I have everything was all ready to go to school. My mom came down, starting the coffee maker. She opened the drawer next to the fridge, looking confused, she pulled out the box, setting it on the counter.

"Joseph Daniel Harder, is this what I think it is?" she said, holding the box up.

"If you are thinking an engagement ring, then yes," I said, putting my shoes on.

"So your planning on asking Megan to marry you?" my mom asked me, pouring me a cup of coffee.

"Yea. I'm planning on doing it sometime after prom," I told her, adding sugar to my coffee.

"I can't wait to have her in the family," my mom said, hugging me.

"Me neither," I said, taking a sip of my coffee.

Megan's pov:

I woke up this morning, my phone blowing up with texts from Korinna.

K: Megan! I have a problem.

K: Megan, please woke up.

K: Megan Elizabeth

K: I swear to god, your probably asleep.

I texted back:

M: Sorry, I was asleep. What's wrong?

K: Mark and I got into a huge fight, and I need somewhere to take a shower at.

M: Come over, you can shower at my house.

K: Okay. I'll be over soon.

I got out of my bed, quickly getting dressed, grabbing my bag, and going downstairs, into the kitchen. I pulled out a mug, pouring coffee into it.

(I'm gonna fight Mark -Author Michelle)

Korinna's pov:

I was currently packing my duffel bag with some of my clothes, I also stuffed in all of my hair products and showering stuff in there. I grabbed my bags, putting them into my car. I came back in, Mark was throwing glass on the floor, it shattering. I went back to his bedroom, grabbing the last of my things. Mark came into his room, pushing me aggressively against the wall. I've only seen Mark angry one other time, and it didn't end very well. Mark raised his arm back, smacking me hard across the face.

Immediately, tears started streaming down my face. I pushed him away from me, running out to my car. I got in, pulling out of the driveway, driving to Megan's house.

*10 minutes later*

I pulled into Megan's driveway, grabbing my bag out of the backseat. I knocked on the door, wiping the tears out of my eyes. Megan opened the door, letting me in.

"Korinna, what happened?" Megan asked me, taking my duffel bag and setting it on the couch.

"He smacked me," I told her, pulling my phone out of my back pocket, sliding it into my duffel bag.

Megan pulled me in for a hug. I put my arms around her, never wanting to let go. When we pulled apart, I opened my duffel bag, getting out a pair of clothes, and my shower stuff, to go take a shower. On my way to the bathroom, I grabbed a towel. Setting my stuff on the counter, I took my clothes off, stepping into the shower, turning it on.

*5 minutes later*

I turned off the water, grabbing my towel, stepping out of the shower. I dried my hair, I put on my basketball warmups. I grabbed my hairbrush, brushing my hair to the side.

*at school* (My favorite thing for Megan to do to Mark is coming- Author Michelle)

Mark's pov:

"You might want to watch yourself, Megan is on her way over here," Matthew told me, shutting his locker.

"Why do you think it's alright to hurt everybody that I'm close to," Megan said, before slapping me.

"Why have I not gotten used to her slapping me," I thought in my head.