chp. 28

*the next morning*

Joe's pov:

Today, we have a pep rally, and all the sports teams had to wear their jerseys. I pulled my football jersey out of my bag, pulling it over my head, pulling my skinny jeans up my legs, tying my black boots.

Megan's pov:

I pulled my volleyball jersey out of my bag. I put it on, grabbing my adidas pants out of my dance bag. I put my hair into a high ponytail, grabbing my volleyball jacket and shoes off of my chair, and walked downstairs. I grabbed my coffee cup out of the cabinet, getting the coffee out of the coffee maker, adding sugar, milk, and creamer. 

I sat down at the counter, putting my shoes and socks on. I drank my coffee, putting my empty cup into the sing, I grabbed my jacket, my car keys, and drove off to school.

*during pep rally*

Keyla's pov: 

The football coach was currently calling out the names of the varsity team:

Cameron

Grayson

Ethan 

Dylan

Daniel

Alexander Austin

Mark Breeden

and your team captain Joseph Harder.

We all screamed and clapped for the varsity football team.

After the football team cleared the floor, they then did cross country and soccer which was boring.

Now, the volleyball coach was calling out the names of the varsity team:

Olivia Roach

Claire Roach

Cayla Harder

Kaylin Stickman

Korinna Smith

Hope Harder

Faith Harder

and your varisty team captain Megan Hope.

After they got done doing the sports teams, they brought down everybody who was on homecoming court.

Cayla's pov:

They had already done all of the homecoming courts for every grade, except senior right now. They gym teacher announced the couples that were nominated for homecoming queen and king. 

Keyla and Mark Breeden

Korinna Smith and Matthew

Olivia and Jacob

Megan Hope and Joseph Harder

If you guys want to know who wins each grades homecoming queen and king, come to the varsity football game tonight. 

*at the football game*

Cayla's pov:

It was almost half-time meaning that it was almost time for homecoming queen and king to be announced for each grade. When the timer went off our team cleared off and the coach called for all homecoming court nominees to come down.

Your freshman queen and king is Faith Harder and Logan

Megan's pov:

During half-time we all got called down. They were about to announce who our senior queen and king were. 

"Now the moment you've all been waiting for.... Your senior homecoming queen and king is Megan Hope and Joseph Harder.

We walked to the middle of the field, getting our sashes and crowns.

*the next day*

Megan's pov:

Today, I woke up at 6:00,  because Cayla, Kaylin, and I were going to be getting ready for homecoming together. The nail shop that we were going to, didn't open til 8:00, so we set everything that we needed up.

We had a hair appointment at 11:30, and homecoming started at 6:00. At about 7:45, we all got into my car heading to the nail salon. When the lady called me back, I told her that I wanted all of my fingers red except for my ring finger which I wanted to be silver glitter, and there would be glitter on the bottom of my red nails.

*4 hours later*

Kaylin's pov:

It's now about 12:00. Cayla, Megan, and I were currently in the hair salon, getting our hair done. I was getting my hair curled and then I was going to get 2 braids on the sides, bobby pinned to the back.

Cayla's pov:

I had gotten my hair put into a curled ponytail. I was now waiting for Megan and Kaylin to get done so that we could go to lunch.

Megan's pov:

For my hair, I got a braided and curled hairstyle. The lady first curled my hair, then she braided it and put it into a bun.

*a half hour later*

Cayla's pov:

Right now, we were out eating Chick-Fil-A before we went back to Megan's house to do our makeup. I got a sandwich, while Megan and Kaylin got chicken nuggets. When we were done, we took our milkshakes and got back into Megan's car, driving to Megan's house.

*5 1/2 hours later*

Megan's pov:

I heard the doorbell ring, signaling that the boys were downstairs. My aunt got the door, yelling that they were here. Kaylin walked down first, carrying here heels in her hand. After she had made it all the way to the bottom, Cayla went next. Alex hugged her, giving her a kiss on the cheek. I was next, I slowly walked down the stairs. When Joe saw me, his jaw dropped. When I got to the bottom of the stairs, I grabbed my sash from my aunt, putting it around my neck.

*at homecoming*

Megan's pov:

"You look hot, baby girl," he said putting his arms around my waist.

"Thank you. You look hot too," I said before kissing him on the lips.

Mark's pov:

"You look good, Keyla," I told her while wrapping an arm around her waist.

"I know you keep looking at her," she said, putting her arms around my neck.

Joe's pov:

"Man, does my girl look smoking hot, right now," I thought in my head as I was slow dancing with her.

I couldn't believe it took me 4 years to realize that I love her. She was wearing this gorgeous red dress that had a long slit in the leg. Her hair was in this braided bun thing and her makeup was gorgeous.

I grabbed her hand, and we grabbed Kaylin, Tyler, Cayla, and Alex going outside the venue to get a picture taken. I handed the chaperone my phone and we posed, getting the picture taken. I sent the picture to everybody and we all went back inside.

"For the last dance, a slow song, for all my couples and singles, out there," the dj said before turning on the song.

Megan's pov:

I wrapped my arms around his neck, as he wrapped his arms around my waist. I put my head on his shoulder. Mark was dancing with Keyla, but he was starring at me. When the dance was over, all of us went to iHop grabbing some food.  After iHop, Joe took me back to his house, where we changed out of our clothes. I sat on the floor in one of his shirts, looking at a book that was sitting on top of his shelf.

Putting the book back on his shelf, I pulled myself up. When I got up, I pulled the shirt down. I laid down on his bed, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"This was the best homecoming ever," he said kissing my shoulder.

"I agree," kissing him on the chest.