chp. 24

Eating nuggets at 3 am. Life is good. -@Michael5sos

Megan's pov:

The last 10 minutes, we spent time putting my collage up on the bulletin board outside of his classroom. Soon the bell rang, and I went to Mr. Irwin's class. When I got to class, i went to my station, pulling my outfit from the shelf. I grabbed my black fabric and pencil from the drawer at my station.

A couple of minutes later, I had noticed that Mr. Irwin hasn't came around yet. He was sitting down at his desk, his head facing down toward the top. I grabbed my bag, unzipping the front  pocket, grabbing a sticky not off of the stack, also grabbing my pen while I was in that pocket.

On the sticky note I wrote:

Mr. Irwin,

I know your having a bad day. Just let me know if i can do anything for you.

-Megan

I grabbed the sticky note off of my desk, walking over to where Mr. Irwin was sitting. I placed the sticky note on top of his desk, right in front of his hand. I soon saw his hand move, landing on top of the sticky note. He lifted his had up, moving the note to be in front of him. He lifted his head, looking down at the note that I gave him.

He pulled out his phone, typing a message to someone. He then stopped typing and my phone lit up as I got the notification that Ashton had texted me.

He had texted me:

I'm having a bad day. These kids are getting on my nerves.  I don't know why I decided to become a teacher.

I texted him back saying:

Because Aunt Alexis didn't want you to teach people how to play drums for a living. But your a great teacher, and I love having you.

I looked up, seeing him looking down at his phone smiling.

My phone lit up with a text from him saying:

I know, and I love having you in my class, because your my favorite.

I replied saying:

I know i'm your favorite, I hang out with you more than Kaylin.

As soon as I sent the message, the principal came into the room.

"Mr. Irwin, may I see Miss Hope for a couple of minutes," the principal said while looking at him.

"Yes, you may," he said while looking at me.

I got up pushing my phone down into my back pocket. I walked out into the hallway, the principal shutting the door after I came out.

"Megan, don't worry your not in trouble," she said while looking at me.

"If I'm not in trouble, then what's wrong?" I said while looking up at her because I was short.

"I came to talk to you about Joe," she said confusing me.

"What do you mean?" I said while looking really confused at her.

"Mark and Joe got into a big fight, and Joe is now in the hospital," she said.

A couple of seconds later, she said "You can go if you want, just come see me in the office after you get your stuff."

I walked back into the classroom with tears pouring down my face. I cleared up my station, grabbing my keys out of my pocket, throwing my bag over my shoulder. I went to Ashton's desk pulling him into a hug, telling him that I probably wouldn't be there tomorrow.

I walked out of the classroom, going down the hallway and into the principal's office. She signed me out and I walked out of the building, pulling my car keys out of my hoodie pocket. I got into my car, put the key into the ignition, and drove off to the hospital. When I pulled into the parking lot, I turned off my car, running to the hospital doors. I walked to the secretary's desk. 

"Hello, how may I help you, sweetheart?" she asked while looking up at me. 

"I'm here for Joe Harder," I said as she typed his name into the computer in front of her. 

"He's in room 325, sweetheart," she said while looking at her computer. 

"Thank you," I said before leaving the desk to go to room 325.

I got onto the elevator, riding the 3rd floor.

Joe's pov:

"Why would you tell her that, when you know it's not true," I said yelling at Mark.

"Joe, you knew I liked her since we were younger," he said clenching his fists.

"No I didn't. You only told Dylan that cause you hung out with him more than me when we were younger," I said while pulling my bag off of my back and putting it into my locker.

As soon as I shut my locker door, I was knocked on the floor, blacked out.

*2 hours later*

I finally woke up, 2 hours later. I was now laying in a hospital bed with an iv in my arm. Megan was sitting next to me in the chair, holding my hand.

"Hi, baby," I said kissing her hand.

"How you feelin, baby," she said while rolling up the sleeve of my sweatshirt.

"My head is killing me, and my ribs hurt," I said while wrapping my fingers around hers/

"I'm sorry," she said while kissing me on the lips.